comp-u-fire alternator

Jun 28, 2015
Forest Lake MN.
I have a stock alternator on my 99 Goldwing. I am contemplating upgrading to a Comp-u-fire alternator and a new AGM battery.

I have all stock lights and the only extra that I want to run is a heated liner. I have heard that the stock alternators are poor at best so just trying to head off problems.

Are the Compufire alternators worth the money?

Thanks for any and all comments.

WS

It was when I had my 1500, I had driving lights and neon lights and not much else and I did the upgrade. It was nice to know if I did add anything else I'd have an alternator that could handle it. For me the package was worth the money. :)

We had a local alternator repair shop that rebuilt one for a Valkyrie 1500 I had. (same as a 'wing) He told me that the stock alternators could be turned up... Mine was supposedly set at 60 amps when he rebuilt it.

Sadly, he is no longer with us, but you might check your local alternator/starter rebuild shop.

Thanks for the replies.

I have been going back and forth with this, especially being I am thinking of fixing something that isn't broke.

Possibly my best move right now is to replace my cell battery (which is getting weak) with a new AGM and then try the heated liner and go from there. It appears putting a new alternator in isn't a hard job so even if I have to do it during the riding season down time would be minimal.

I will save the link that tndragonrider shared and also do some more research.

Thanks again! If anyone has any other comments would love to hear them!

WS

alternator

I am running a alto alternator on my 2000 se. it was a older Satun car, can still get new at parts house. same as compu-fire, 60amp at idle and 90 amp. at higher rpm. had to change the front of the alternator from the car to the goldwing . I took a bad compu-fire to a alternator & starter shop and they matched it. $130.00 out the door.
have a grate day. catch you later

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png