New Voyager trike kit owner

Aug 26, 2015
Gilbert,AZ
Hello everyone, new to the forum. I have been reading posts for months now deciding on which outrigger trike to buy. Bought the Voyager kit at Christmas and installed it myself. Had a heck of a time but finally got it together and must have done something right because it rides straight and true. I have the preload set at 1 inch and like it stiff when turning corners. So far I am enjoying the kit, rides just fine on good roads, but rides a little rough on not so good roads. I guess I expected a little smoother ride but I am dealing with it just fine. Thanks to everyone for all the information they have posted, It did help a lot. I welcome any comments, especially about the rough ride on bad roads.

By the way I have a year 2000 Vulcan Nomad 1500.

Don

Thanks Zammy. I'll take some pics this weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

Please disregard this picture, got there by mistake.

Don

Attachments

• outrigger_trike_rear.jpg
    outrigger_trike_rear.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 294
Thanks Condor.

I've posted some pictures of my bike. Took my wife for a ride for the first time on some no so great roads and when we hit a big bump it rattled her pretty good. Don't know if there are anymore adjustments I can make to make the bumps smoother. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have the air in the nomad shocks at maximum and am thinking of letting the air out completely.

Don

Attachments

• DSC00428.JPG
    DSC00428.JPG
    192.8 KB · Views: 231
  • DSC00430.JPG
    DSC00430.JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 231
  • DSC00429.JPG
    DSC00429.JPG
    192.6 KB · Views: 236
  • DSC00431.JPG
    DSC00431.JPG
    189.4 KB · Views: 234
Thanks Condor.

I've posted some pictures of my bike. Took my wife for a ride for the first time on some no so great roads and when we hit a big bump it rattled her pretty good. Don't know if there are anymore adjustments I can make to make the bumps smoother. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have the air in the nomad shocks at maximum and am thinking of letting the air out completely.

Don

Don you migh take some of the preload off. Not sure what your preload should be. I have an Ultra Classic and use 5/8" if I go more the ride is rough.also make sure you have 20 # of air in kit tires makes a big difference.

Stoneman

Thanks, your right, the weekend after I posted this, I did lower the preload to between 3/4" and 7/8". It rides much better, just a little spongy in the corners but not bad. I also had to remove my saddle bag chrome trim because the voyager springs were banging on the bolts when I hit any bump in the road, making a hell of a noise and rattling my brain. The chrome trim bolts to the saddle bag brackets, so now I am worried that the springs will hit that if I hit a big bump in the road. Thanks for the information.

Don

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png