Replacing Motor Trike Suspension Air Bags ?????

May 27, 2011
San Angelo
So, my friend is about to spend the $$ finally for new Air Bags. Those of you that replaced yours with the after market ones last year, what is your evaluation now? Any more tire rubbing issues? How are the new bags holding up? :cxtv:

Thanks in advance for you inputs!! :xszpv::xszpv:

So, my friend is about to spend the $$ finally for new Air Bags. Those of you that replaced yours with the after market ones last year, what is your evaluation now? Any more tire rubbing issues? How are the new bags holding up? :cxtv:

Thanks in advance for you inputs!! :xszpv::xszpv:

to be honest I will not go back to the little air bags motortrike uses.
your friend should go with a skinnier tire. say one size down in width.
next thing that will have to be done is the bottom hole will have to be egged out alittle away from the rear to keep the bag from rubbing the rear end housing.
also he's probably used to having 40 psi in the motortrike bags.
I would have him start out with 15 to 18 psi the go from there on the ride.

to be honest I will not go back to the little air bags motortrike uses. your friend should go with a skinnier tire. say one size down in width. next thing that will have to be done is the bottom hole will have to be egged out alittle away from the rear to keep the bag from rubbing the rear end housing. also he's probably used to having 40 psi in the motortrike bags. I would have him start out with 15 to 18 psi the go from there on the ride.

I just got a trike with a Motor Trike conversion. I'm already looking in to air bags. Would you please share with me who the after market supplier is? Thank You;
Bill

Howdy Bill. This is the most popular thread on the topic. It should help you out.

http://www.triketalk.com/forum/thre...cement?highlight=Replacement+Motor+Trike+Bags

Thanks for the link; I read the entire thread and in doing so found a forum member with an extra set of new air bags looking for a new home. I think I will replace the fittings and tubing as part of the project. I'm also going to to move the air valve in the trunk as it requires a rubber arm add air.
Bill

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png