Need DNA rear axle dimension.

Jan 15, 2013
Slidell, LA
I'm planning a trike build using a DNA rear axle and am considering my engine/drivetrain options. Can anyone tell me how far the sprocket or pulley is offset from the axle centerline on the DNA axle? In other words, if a measurement is taken between the wheel mounting surfaces and the center determined, how far to one side is the sprocket/pulley centerline? Thanks for your help.

Bob

Last edited:
I'm planning a trike build using a DNA rear axle and am considering my engine/drivetrain options. Can anyone tell me how far the sprocket or pulley is offset from the axle centerline on the DNA axle? In other words, if a measurement is taken between the wheel mounting surfaces and the center determined, how far to one side is the sprocket/pulley centerline? Thanks for your help.

Bob

send a request to dna surely they would let you know

send a request to dna surely they would let you know

I sent them a message, but I'm not optimistic that I'll get a response. If I do, I'll post the answer for others who may be building a trike with a DNA axle. I did send a message to Rebecca at The Trike Life and she was able to give me some info.

Bob

DNA Dimensions

I have the same question about a DNA axle that might fit a late 60's Triumph Bonneville. I emailed DNA, called and spoke with a guy named Rick, and called again when I got no response. No reply! I also spoke with Rebecca and the values she gave me do not even match what is posted on their website! Anybody have these dimensions?

I have the same question about a DNA axle that might fit a late 60's Triumph Bonneville. I emailed DNA, called and spoke with a guy named Rick, and called again when I got no response. No reply! I also spoke with Rebecca and the values she gave me do not even match what is posted on their website! Anybody have these dimensions?

maybe just me.... but seems anyone who cant give me info about their product doesnt deserve my business!

Bob
I just one a dna axle for a Sporty shipped to me today. The clamps that go around the axle that are connected to your swingarm are loose and you set them to wherever your belt lines up and then you weld them in place. This is something I didn't realI've but that fine with me.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll measure tomorrow and get back to you

Other folks that have used the DNA axle on bikes other than Harleys have had to order rear wheels with different offset side to side. They lined up the belt/chain and then ordered the wheels to even things out. Kind of a PIA but it works. Summit Racing has a good selection of wheels with optional back spacing at reasonable pricing.

Looking for DNA dimensions

rybeatty, did you get a chain or belt drive? Do you have the DNA model number of the one you got? Could you measure the width from wheel mounting face to wheel mounting face, and then the distance from one of those flange faces to either side of the pulley or sprocket? I realize these are made for Harleys which is why I need the dimensions so I can possibly use one on a Triumph Bonneville. I do not want to dish the wheels, and do not want to have to use a very large spacer on the short side, if necessary. An inch spacer would be tolerable, but not 3 inches! Your help would be greatly appreciated, and any photos would be awesome!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png