Pickup new sidecar Monday

Aug 30, 2015
St. Louis
Picking up my Indian Chieftain with A Hannigan Heritage Sidecar on Monday 04/04/2016. I will attempt to post pictures when I get back home. I have to ride it back (my only option) 230 miles, this will be my first time on a sidecar rig. Wish me a safe trip home.

Picking up my Indian Chieftain with A Hannigan Heritage Sidecar on Monday 04/04/2016. I will attempt to post pictures when I get back home. I have to ride it back (my only option) 230 miles, this will be my first time on a sidecar rig. Wish me a safe trip home.

congrats on the new rig....
hopefully someone already told you .. but if not..
please take a bag of sand or some sort of weight with you,75 or even 50 lbs would be good....
and do some figure 8s in the parking lot before you head out...
as the car WILL come up in a right turn... better to do it a few time in a parking lot..
if it does come up a roll off the gas or a slight slight left will bring it down...

i had a similar size car on a kz1300.... took quite a while to get used to it with no weight in it.... course then i started hot doggin all the time...

Sidecar

+1congrats - wish you a SAFE trip home......I've always
wanted to try a rig on my 2-wheeler but as close as
I've come is the trike - love it but still would like to hang one on my other ride.
Please keep us informed of your progress/travels
(and pictures would be nice)!
ThumbUp

Congrats!! That will be one awesome rig!!

In Feb I was at Hannigan checking on my trike. A guy came to pick up his HD with the new sidecar. He had never ridden with one before so they would not let him go until someone gave him instructions and some parking lot time. Good on Them!!

Also, as was explained to me by Herb, the general manager when I was asking questions about the side car..... with Hannigan's design the driver can make adjustments to the sidecar while driving by using a control mounted on the handlebars. As I understand it, it changes the angle of the sidecar to compensate for the turns....

Would be interesting to try. Safe travels and looking forward to pictures!!

Thanks for the replies. I had a trike before and didn't want to butcher up the Indian. I believe the sidecar is going to work out fine. I am taking about 80 lbs. of ballast and concentrate on both left and right turns.

Made it home safe without incident. It is a good looking rig, pictures forth-coming as soon as one of my daughters school me on how to do it. Mr. and Mrs. Hannigan are really nice people, a pleasure doing business with the whole organization. I am pleased!

I think I saw pictures of yours from the FB page of Hannigan the other day. It is real nice looking!

My wife would prefer that over the trike - please don't tour in Washington, or else I'll have to buy one. ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png