VW Trike Title TX

I just left the DMV office here in Texas with a ASVE MC title.
It was titled in my name no questions asked. None answered either.

I was told, not by DMV, that if you title it as a motorcycle with a motorcycle title you are fine.
So they issued you a "salvage" title for a motorcycle. Interesting.

8~\o

Are the TX law enforcement folks actually enforcing car/truck/motorcycle home garage built hybrids ban?
That is what I'd be concerned with if building such a toy in TX.

What's to stop a deputy who's having a bad day from stopping one, and tow/impound the trike because he interprets the law strictly...?:Shrug:

Last live auction i went to that had a 80s something gold wing in it, guy was there talking trike an he was buying so he could title it.

After 25yrs old Texas is no inspection or emissions, on cars or motorcycles. Antique plates, good for 5yrs at $65 dollars or thereabouts.

Same as my 55 chev, no wipers, no side glass, no carpet, no insulation, no heater or ac, Ugh its hot in Texas.:AGGHH:

Attachments

• 1955 chevy front drivers side flipped.jpg
    1955 chevy front drivers side flipped.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 1955 chevy motor drivers side.jpg
    1955 chevy motor drivers side.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 55
Just reactivated my '91 Texas assembled mc trike title. This had not been registered since '95. Passed inspection and tags were issued with no questions.

I think a lot have problems because they never had their titles changed to reflect trike.