Harley CD problems

Aug 21, 2011
Lake Murray, SC
I have a 2005 HD Ultra Classic and I have a CD stuck in it and can't get it to eject. I washed the trike and then it set for a week or so. Now won't eject the CD. Any ideas?

Thanks

I had the same problem. They had to send it out to get fixed.
In my car I used a butter knife to realign the CD and it finally popped out. Can you hear if the CD unit motor is running or not?? If it's not running you may have to send it out to get fixed or replace it.
Is it a store bought CD or one you recorded on? Some players don't like recordable disks especially if you put a label on it.

I had the same problem. They had to send it out to get fixed.
In my car I used a butter knife to realign the CD and it finally popped out. Can you hear if the CD unit motor is running or not?? If it's not running you may have to send it out to get fixed or replace it.
Is it a store bought CD or one you recorded on? Some players don't like recordable disks especially if you put a label on it.

No I didn't get it fixed yet. I am not 100% sure there's a CD in it but am pretty sure there is one in it. If you look into it you can see two white things and they won't move. But if it does have a CD in it it can't recognize it.

As you change the modes it will go AM, FM weather mode, if it was aware of a CD it would go AM, FM, WB and CD so it is not aware of one being there. If you listed with the motor not running you can here the motor running. I went to the dealer yesterday and they looked at it (did not remove the faring, as per me) and they could not do anything. Tre shop foreman/service writer (really sharp) said he had the same radio as I do and he had sent it out to get it fixed (different problem), I think he said it was like $119, may have been $219 I can't remember. I'm old. So I am going to hold off till winter so I don't have a hole in my dash while I'm riding it so much. I ride year round (South Carolina) but not as much in the cold. Oh it is a store bought CD if there is one in there. Thanks for everyone's help.

No I didn't get it fixed yet. I am not 100% sure there's a CD in it but am pretty sure there is one in it. If you look into it you can see two white things and they won't move. But if it does have a CD in it it can't recognize it. As you change the modes it will go AM, FM weather mode, if it was aware of a CD it would go AM, FM, WB and CD so it is not aware of one being there. If you listed with the motor not running you can here the motor running. I went to the dealer yesterday and they looked at it (did not remove the faring, as per me) and they could not do anything. Tre shop foreman/service writer (really sharp) said he had the same radio as I do and he had sent it out to get it fixed (different problem), I think he said it was like $119, may have been $219 I can't remember. I'm old. So I am going to hold off till winter so I don't have a hole in my dash while I'm riding it so much.

I ride year round (South Carolina) but not as much in the cold. Oh it is a store bought CD if there is one in there. Thanks for everyone's help.

I assume you tried to put another CD in?
Back in the day when my unit went on the fritz, I brought it to the dealer. He sent it out, but put in a "loaner" so I didn't have to ride around without the radio. Years later the same dealer doesn't do "loaners" anymore. You could check and see if they have another unit laying around that they could put in for the time being.

PS. I ride all year (weekends only in the winter) too, but a tad bit colder here. I would love to have your weather - except for the hurricanes. :D ThumbUp

Back in the day when my unit went on the fritz, I brought it to the dealer. He sent it out, but put in a "loaner" so I didn't have to ride around without the radio. Years later the same dealer doesn't do "loaners" anymore. You could check and see if they have another unit laying around that they could put in for the time being.

PS. I ride all year (weekends only in the winter) too, but a tad bit colder here. I would love to have your weather - except for the hurricanes. :D ThumbUp

I personally have never had a problem with a hurricane but all around us. They are a bitch but are few and far between. You get a long warning with them but not with a tornado, now that is what scares me.

We have had two real close calls with tornados.
Thanks for your help. I will call and ask but they didn't say anything about a loaner.

My 2011 was the first bike of any kind that had a radio/cd , And i was up state NY 30 miles from the dealer in PA that i bought it from, And at one stop i took out the cd to put a new one in.. Eventually i got distracted, And left it empty.. So thinking it wasn't working i drove to the dealer to have them take a look see.... Well when the service guy [Young guy] came out, He took one look, And gave me the i hope i never get that old look...And said' You gotta put a cd in for it to work...:gah:
I was going to take this to the grave.... But what the hey.....

My 2011 was the first bike of any kind that had a radio/cd , And i was up state NY 30 miles from the dealer in PA that i bought it from, And at one stop i took out the cd to put a new one in.. Eventually i got distracted, And left it empty.. So thinking it wasn't working i drove to the dealer to have them take a look see.... Well when the service guy [Young guy] came out, He took one look, And gave me the i hope i never get that old look...And said' You gotta put a cd in for it to work...:gah
I was going to take this to the grave.... But what the hey.....

I have one better or worse I should say than that, not a bike story tho. I had the day off and was going to change the oil on my daughter's new car. LOOOONG story short I could not get the filter off, I had it drained and tried 5 different filter wrenchs and could not get it to budge. I had damaged the filter by then. I was so pissed that I called the damn dealer to come get it, about 25 miles away. Well I rode in the wrecker and when we pulled into the lot about 4 or 5 mechanics walked up with a ****ty grin on their face.

I tall skinny guy reached down to the filter and I said if you get that damn thing off with your hands I give you a BJ right here. Well he handed me the filter and I had to re-nig. I would think no one here can beat that for a bone head story.

I have one better or worse I should say than that, not a bike story tho. I had the day off and was going to change the oil on my daughter's new car. LOOOONG story short I could not get the filter off, I had it drained and tried 5 different filter wrenchs and could not get it to budge. I had damaged the filter by then. I was so pissed that I called the damn dealer to come get it, about 25 miles away. Well I rode in the wrecker and when we pulled into the lot about 4 or 5 mechanics walked up with a ****ty grin on their face. I tall skinny guy reached down to the filter and I said if you get that damn thing off with your hands I give you a BJ right here. Well he handed me the filter and I had to re-nig. I would think no one here can beat that for a bone head story.
My old man who was wise beyond my years, Would look me in the eye when ever i pulled one of my bonehead moves... Son' He would always call me Son just before a lecture;;
Son Whats the sense of being stupid if you don't show it every now and then......

The dealer told me they have to be sent to a repair facility to get the CDs out. He said make sure you always unload the CD and check before you load one because that is the only option. I have had those HK units apart before but even then you cannot get into the CD mechanism.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png