Possible suspension problem

Jan 14, 2015
Millersburg, Pa
2015 triglide 13856 miles. While checking trike over I for some reason removed the plastic plug that's under the passenger floorboard. It to me looks like the bearings or bushings have failed. Is this right? I've been a heavy truck mechanic for 30+ years and just does not look right to me. Both sides are like this. So it may just be me? Thanks in advance.

100_0768.jpg

100_0769.jpg

For a 15, you do some traveling. Mine is a 12 w/4500 miles. Had to go and check. There centered. Yours are saging pretty good. I wonder if anyone has urethane replacements?

100_0771.JPG100_0774.JPGJim, I took it apart this morning and took photos like you asked for. After taking bushing out and looking at it I'm not sure now that the center hole in bushing is not made over sized to allow for movement??? It just looks odd to me. Let me know what you think. I'm going to try to stop in at another dealer this week and get them to look at it. If they put eyes on it I should get a better answer then the one I got from a dealer yesterday. The piece you see in the bushing is a washer molded onto it. The other piece is a spacer with a internal flange. The nut (not in photo) when tight is flush with face of bushing when tight.

2015 triglide 13856 miles. While checking trike over I for some reason removed the plastic plug that's under the passenger floorboard. It to me looks like the bearings or bushings have failed. Is this right? I've been a heavy truck mechanic for 30+ years and just does not look right to me. Both sides are like this. So it may just be me? Thanks in advance.

View attachment 35150

View attachment 35151

I have an 11 TG with 18500 miles, I just took off plastic cover and it looks exactly as the OP pictures above. I'm stopping at the dealers and have them check it out as well.

triglide15, let us know what your outcome is.

Thanks

Is it just my eyes but is the center hole made to be in-centric [If thats the right word?]And not round....:Shrug: So the nut would not be centered....For some movement when the swing goes up and down... like a shock absorber .. :Shrug:

read this thread and went and looked at my bushings on my 2011 with 14 k on the speedo. bought this trike back in january and purchased the extended warranty. would this be covered?

ok read this thread a little closer and now im a bit confused. looking at he pictures on the attached file, and comments is that the way they are supposed to be and not centered?

ok read this thread a little closer and now im a bit confused. looking at he pictures on the attached file, and comments is that the way they are supposed to be and not centered?
I spoke with one dealer over the phone and they told me they THINK that's the way it should be. I was not satisfied with that answer so I rode to a different dealer and the service writer came out in the lot and looked at it. he also didn't think it looked right. He then had his top tech look at it and he stated that's the way they are due to the mount design. So I put it behind me and am just going to check them at every service. If they seem to get worse then I'll go back and question it again.

im with you on just leaving it alone. all the pics I see of the bushing shows it off centered and was made that way to help prevent the trans mount from braking, sounds like they a lot of problems with that in earlier times and the offset bushing was designed that way. can a couple of members check this out on there trikes and report back? maybe some pics will help too and include milage. going to check with my dealers in the area this week and report back here. let settle this issue once and for all. my vote says its normal and was designed that way. what do you think? by the way, been a heavy duty mechanic out in the field for 40 years so my opinion is just that.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png