What is Your favorite Hot Dog place??

Dang, when I first saw the title of this thread I thought it was referring to hot dogging, or drag racing. My bad.

There are great dogs at The Root Beer Stand
on Sharon Rd in Reading Ohio and the very best dogs anywhere, as mentioned earlier, at Skyline Chili in both Cincinnati, Ohio and also in Fort Myers Florida!

PC

Portillo's in the Chicago area but not their hot dogs but Polish dogs.....the Maxwell Street special is GREAT !!!

Another great hot dog place is Sam's Club......great Nathan's hot dog and a large drink. $1.84. Can't beat it.

8~\o

Vassi's Drive-In in Bethlehem, PA. Great food. Love eating there when jobs nearby. The missus gives it the seal of approval also.
Note that I didn't bother mentioning Nathan's Hotdogs in Coney Island, Brooklyn, NY. It should go without saying that those are the best in the world.:pepper::qpnmt:

My bestest place

The best place for hotdogs is by far "the silo"in lewiston n.y. Thy have an 18 inch dog of excellent quality called "the monster" well worth the ride.

Portillo's in the Chicago area but not their hot dogs but Polish dogs.....the Maxwell Street special is GREAT !!! Another great hot dog place is Sam's Club......great Nathan's hot dog and a large drink. $1.84. Can't beat it. 8~\o

Costco beats Sams, 1/2 lb. beef dog with Large Coke for $1.50 :pepper:

Used to be Dog and Suds.. but the franchise folded. 2nd would be Sonic chili dogs. Favorite by far is home made chili dogs made with skinned hot dogs, which are like a sausage hot dog, from the local meat market. Crap, now I'm hungry.
Come on up to the north end of IL. We still got 2 of them up here. One in Richmond right off 12, and one in Grayslake just off 83. Hmmm, now I'm craving a foot long Coney dog and a root beer float! - - - Updated - - -
Portillo's in the Chicago area but not their hot dogs but Polish dogs.....the Maxwell Street special is GREAT !!! Another great hot dog place is Sam's Club......great Nathan's hot dog and a large drink. $1.84. Can't beat it. 8~\o
Yes! Maxwell St. Polish at Portillo's are awesome! Hot dogs are just meh. Love Portillo's italian beef, too. Get it dipped with hot peppers. Great - now I want a beef, too. I should have eaten a better dinner tonight. Everything sounds good to me.

But back on topic - best hot dogs I've ever had were at Casey's Corner in the Magic Kingdom at Disney World. They got a foot long barbecue slaw dog topped with pulled pork, cole slaw and bbq sauce. Then you throw on a little sauerkraut for good measure and you got yourself a meal.

Texas Inn @ Lynchburg, Va.

Had my first in 1959 when 5 years old and we had just moved to Lynchburg when it was up the street opposite next to old Paramount Theatre .... but about 40 years ago it moved down a block to what used to be an old gas station @ 5th & Main.

It's the cheap weenie in the steamed bun with their special recipe chili and mustard sauce. "2 all the way" just taste like a third is in order.

Wife and I live near an hour away now but we still stop in and get a dozen or two for the freezer but I have them use unheated buns for those, wrap in the paper just like normal. Weeks later, thaw em out, nuke them, just like sitting at the counter. We have made special trips on the trike just to eat a couple and bring a box of 'em home.

JuneorJuly272012afavoritefood_zpsa0e0efb7.jpg

A little side of the road place called Crisp's Dairy Treat. I get mine with sauce, mustard and slaw. And of course the side of onion rings.

- - - Updated - - -

Hillbilly Hot Dogs, W. Virginia
I can be to this place in about 15 minutes from my house.

What is your favorite place to eat hot dogs and what toppings do you like??
:pepper:
Myself I like a dog off the grill with a texas style sauce with onions and mustered...
Also a chili cheese dog made with ball park beef franks once again hot off the grill.
YUMMY. Place Whites Dairy Bar Eddieville New York...
How about you??

Vincents in Monroe Michigan. They make their own Root-beer also. Order them with Mustard and Onions with their Home Made Chili Sauce, on a Steamed bunThumbUp. Yummmmmm!!

Root Beer

Been a very long time since I had real non factory made root beer.... Hum..... Will be there at least for the root beer tasting.... If the dogs are truly good heck what a combination.....ThumbUp

- - - Updated - - -

Had my first in 1959 when 5 years old and we had just moved to Lynchburg when it was up the street opposite next to old Paramount Theatre .... but about 40 years ago it moved down a block to what used to be an old gas station @ 5th & Main.

It's the cheap weenie in the steamed bun with their special recipe chili and mustard sauce. "2 all the way" just taste like a third is in order.

Wife and I live near an hour away now but we still stop in and get a dozen or two for the freezer but I have them use unheated buns for those, wrap in the paper just like normal. Weeks later, thaw em out, nuke them, just like sitting at the counter. We have made special trips on the trike just to eat a couple and bring a box of 'em home.

JuneorJuly272012afavoritefood_zpsa0e0efb7.jpg

Are they open year round????

What is your favorite place to eat hot dogs and what toppings do you like??

:pepper:

Myself I like a dog off the grill with a texas style sauce with onions and mustered...

Also a chili cheese dog made with ball park beef franks once again hot off the grill.

YUMMY. Place Whites Dairy Bar Eddieville New York...

How about you??

I love the hawg & dog in Erwin, Tn. Hot dog with chili bbq slaw & onion!!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png