Submariners?

Yes bubble-heads are a special group of, well let's just say different!! My wife's uncle as WWII bubble head, suffered 18 hours of depth charges from the Japanese Navy, aoparetnly they tok offense to them sinking their ships!!!

Awwww. Guess they shouldn't have done that visit to Pearl Harbor. The funny part is our Pacific submarine fleet was left intact on Dec. 7. It wasn't even a secondary target!

not often only to pass through headed to New Mexico to sister in laws place. But hopefully will change after Dec this year I retire fully, then might start looking to move north of I-4! Take s8 hours just to get out of south Florida and it is getting to crazy down here!!!

I don't know how far north of I-4 you're looking to go but you may want to look up the Scorpion Chapter of SSMC. They are based in Daytona.

Thomastrike

Now you've got me curious, it shouldn't take more than 2 or 3 Submariners to surround this whole group. How many of us are aboard the forum?

USS Triton
USS Sunfish
USS Spadefish
USS Thomas A. Edison
USS Stonewall Jackson

All those boats were decommissioned and cut up for scrap metal years before I retired in '93! Yeah, I served in all of them too.
Was on a sub tender delivering the mail to the subs in Scotland.

I went on a sub ONCE! Made sure all the ropes were tied to the dock too!! Actually, my father in law was a submariner, I went to the boat one afternoon while he had watch duty and had dinner with the crew. Got a good tour of everything and then realized I had more people in my Division on the carrier than what they had to run the entire sub, plus we had real fresh air and running water ~ that was on an old diesel boat.
He started out in Washington state, then down to Diego and eventually over to Connecticut and retired out. After retirement, Bill worked for EB there in Groton up in the 'retrofit' department ~ he was the only person to have ever served on diesel boats and knew how much room there wasn't for installing new equipment. Best experience I ever had was when I took him down to the Submariner's Memorial there in Groton ~ all the subs and names of the crews lost during the early wars. Was moving watching him and listening to the stories.
BTW, my father in law was William (Bill) 'Pappy' Signs, Torpedoman 1st Class

How many have experienced the wonders of "Angles & Dangles"" on a submarine??? going fast, fast turns, deep dives and quick ascents??? And seeing things that are suppose to be bolted down come loose!!!!!!
(Fubar)(Rofl)

uss wahoo ss 565

Now you've got me curious, it shouldn't take more than 2 or 3 Submariners to surround this whole group. How many of us are aboard the forum?

USS Triton
USS Sunfish
USS Spadefish
USS Thomas A. Edison
USS Stonewall Jackson

All those boats were decommissioned and cut up for scrap metal years before I retired in '93! Yeah, I served in all of them too.
I started my navy career on the USS Wahoo SS565 before joining EOD at age 20. Never looked backed.

Apparently I'm late to this party.

I was a Missile Technician on 2 different SSBN's in the late 70's & mid 80's.

USS Woodrow Wilson SSBN 624G & the USS JAMES K. POLK SSBN 645G

In between that, I did 3.5 years at the FBMSTC in Charleston, SC.

USS Gurnard SSN-662, USS Pintado SSN-672, USS Houston SSN-713, USS Puffer SSN-652

KyBubblehead I had an MM1 that used to work for me that was on the USS Michigan when they had the big explosion. Lube oil from stem to stern.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png