Tucson bound

After Las Cruses, the wind picked up big time. Never did let up. After Van Horn, TX, temp started dropping and clouds rolled in. Ended up wimping out in Pecos for the night with a paltry 558 miles. At least rain should be out of my path for tomorrow.

Stopped in Pecos last night. Thus giving rain a chance to vamoose. Close in morning, but all rain stayed ahead of me. The lock in TG trunk broke in Midland. Couldn't find a dealer open (freakin' Mondays) until Fort Worth. They actually had one in stock. But complications getting it on. Took 2 1/2 hrs. So then continued onto Texarkana for night. Only 614 miles for day.

Still coughing up a storm.

Will try for Cookeville, TN tomorrow to meet up with Haste Maker, maybe for dinner. Only 570 miles to there.

Stopped in Pecos last night. Thus giving rain a chance to vamoose. Close in morning, but all rain stayed ahead of me. The lock in TG trunk broke in Midland. Couldn't find a dealer open (freakin' Mondays) until Fort Worth. They actually had one in stock. But complications getting it on. Took 2 1/2 hrs. So then continued onto Texarkana for night. Only 614 miles for day.

Still coughing up a storm.

Will try for Cookeville, TN tomorrow to meet up with Haste Maker, maybe for dinner. Only 570 miles to there.

Crap!! I wasn't paying attention. If you'd stopped in our area, we'd have treated you to a steak dinner. Ashland KY is located where Ohio, Kentucky and West Virginia all converge. Might've been way out of your way anyhow. If not, and you're doing a return trip, holler at me. I-64 runs right through here. Charleston WV is about an hour from here.

- - - Updated - - -

Still not paying attention...:p

You are on return trip.

See if Ashland Ky (or close by) can be a stopping point for at least a meal. I'd like to meet you.

Again about an hour from Charleston, WV where I-64, I-77, and I-79 all converge.

PM me if stopping by is possible and we can talk on the phone.

Being still sick with a not so cute Acute Bronchitis, I am mostly taking direct route home. I-10 to 20 to 30 to I-40. Stopped in Knoxville for night. May try and do the 760 miles to home tomorrow. 690 today. So many cops out in AR and TN today, you would think a series of donut trucks had overturned. I passed 2 cops outside Little Rock. Doing 1 mile below speed limit. A little bit up road I look in mirror and notice a white suv matching my speed about 1/4 mile behind me. I assume I am being paranoid, but keep an eye on Speedo.

A van passes me slowly.

Now suv is hauling. Yep, cop. Cuts in front of me and pulls van over. Probably pissed that he couldn't get me for anything.

When I go to pull off exit, can't downshift. Ball joint in shifter connecting rod popped out. What's a Harley without a duct tape fix at least once in a trip?(no, not a Gold Wing).:qpnmt::GL1800:

Take your time Bozo, you will get wet as you get closer to home. Don't agrevate the bronchitis . I get it every year for some reason. Ride safe buddy. And get that shifter fixed b4 you get stuck!

Black Wolf HD in Bristol, VA replaced shift linkage and bushings. And did it warranty and came in $1 below my deductable.
Wrapped up with 770 miles for today and got home at 1am. Some light rain in northern VA and PA. Cleared out of NYC before I got there. Great view as per usual. Went by Statue of Liberty also.
I think I kept Bronchitis to same. Doesn't seem any worse. No time to rest. Work emergency in Savannah on Monday.
5718 miles total for trip. 3 1/2 days out there and took it easy with 4 days back.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom95

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom95
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png