Trunk key assembly

Oct 2, 2015
Tucson
Hi, I am a newbie Stallion owner, I bought a 2013 Blue Stallion about 2 months ago.
Today I closed the trunk took a ride and when I went to put my helmet in the trunk, the entire assembly fell inside. I managed to fish it out and open the trunk, removed the inside cover and discovered the plastic lip that the key assembly fits in had completely busted. There was just a 1/3 inch part of the lip left that keeps the assembly from falling in.

My question is has this happened to anyone else? I guess I will try to find a device with a large enough hole to put the female part on the outside of the trunk and thread the locking mechanism through it, and then screw a nut onto it to get it to hold and not fall through again.

Thanks for any feedback anyone can give me. :pepper:

Trikerjack

Last edited:
Hi, I am a newbie Stallion owner, I bought a 2013 Blue Stallion about 2 months ago.
Today I closed the trunk took a ride and when I went to put my helmet in the trunk, the entire assembly fell inside. I managed to fish it out and open the trunk, removed the inside cover and discovered the plastic lip that the key assembly fits in had completely busted. There was just a 1/3 inch part of the lip left that keeps the assembly from falling in.

My question is has this happened to anyone else? I guess I will try to find a device with a large enough hole to put the female part on the outside of the trunk and thread the locking mechanism through it, and then screw a nut onto it to get it to hold and not fall through again.

Thanks for any feedback anyone can give me. :pepper:

Trikerjack
First time I have heard of this. Contact TMS as your Stallion may still be under warranty or close enough they might send you the part (s) you need.
Tomg

Its never happened before

Contacted TMS about key mechanism problem, and they said they had never heard of it happening before.

No help

But are they taking care of the issue for you ??
Tomg

Tomg: They had never had the problem, no help offered. The key assembly is mounted in a very thin piece of plastic, where it is inserted and turned to hold it in place. The ring holding it in place is 85% broken away. Still trying to figure out a fix.

Tomg: They had never had the problem, no help offered. The key assembly is mounted in a very thin piece of plastic, where it is inserted and turned to hold it in place. The ring holding it in place is 85% broken away. Still trying to figure out a fix.
I would call them back and ask about the warranty on the trike. Next I would send an email to Jeff@motortrike.com , he is the owner of the company. They should be taking better care of their customers. It almost sounds like a retainer clip of some sort that they should have.
Tomg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png