New member here and new rider to the trike world

Hello fellow trike owners,

My name is Brian LeJeune (camplejeune) and fairly new to the trike owner world . We purchased our first trike from friends of ours last year as I had been thinking about triking my 97 Valkyrie. This deal came along that was cheaper than the trike conversion. Not knowing if we would like 3 wheels we made the decision to keep both. Our first trike is a 2007 C90 Suzuki that came new off the showroom floor with the Lehman Jackal rear end. Owning this Valkyrie sure has spoiled me on a smooth running motor verses the v-twin and I have previously owned 2 v-twins both Yamaha Virago's. I look forward to being a member here. FYI, I have been a member of the VRCC forum for many years and also on the Suzuki LC forum. It will be nice to chat with a trike owner group. I also do all my own wrenching. Have a great day everyone.

Welcome Brian and greetings from Long Island.
Unless my memory is faulty, I believe Monroe has a Dale Jarrett Sr. car dealership there. Been in the area on business. But it's been a couple of years.

Welcome from SW MO! The Valk will make a great trike.
BTW I like the line about doing your own work.
In another thread about riding in the rain I quoted an old graybeard that passed on a lot of riding wisdom - one of his quotes was "The bike's not really yours if you don't do your own wrenching."
Glad to have you with us.

Welcome Brian and greetings from Long Island.
Unless my memory is faulty, I believe Monroe has a Dale Jarrett Sr. car dealership there. Been in the area on business. But it's been a couple of years.

Hey there Bikerbozo, You are correct. That dealership has changed hands, it is now Crossroads Ford. The Dale Jarrett name on the dealership was just that, a name. I understand Dale had no interest in the dealership.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to TT Brian!

Pictures. Would love to see some of your trike!

Keystone, I will post a picture or two as soon as I get used to maneuvering around this site. Thanks,

Welcome from SW MO! The Valk will make a great trike.
BTW I like the line about doing your own work.
In another thread about riding in the rain I quoted an old graybeard that passed on a lot of riding wisdom - one of his quotes was "The bike's not really yours if you don't do your own wrenching."
Glad to have you with us.

I agree Ozarkryder. I just got set-up to start installing my own rubber as the dealer here is now charging $20 and that's taking them my wheel. I bought the Valkyrie used and not running with only 895 miles on it. The PO let the bike sit for 3 years with gas in it. It had 3 cylinders with low compression, off came the heads, 3 burnt valves, removed all the valves and ground them back in by hand. Had all 6 carbs a part replacing all the float valves and 0-rings. A new battery and bingo, I had a running scooter. I bought a $12,000 bike for $4,300. 4 weeks of work and about $1,000 for parts and tools. Not a bad project and it now runs great. That new shop manual paid for itself many times over along with a few special tools. This in itself was an awesome learning experience. I have been on motorcycles since I was 16, there were a few years where I did not have a bike because of a scooter accident. I am 62 now so I have been doing my own scooter work for about 35 years. I love it. It's therapy for me. I love the challenge of new project. Learning trikes is it. :)

Welcome to the forum

Hello and welcome from the panhandle of Texas! UYes, peple do live ere. Some aren't terribly smart, and can't use a typewriter, but are trike riders none the less.

Oldveteran welcomes Brian to the forum! Ride on and have fun. :Trike1:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redskin9

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redskin9
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png