Apr 21, 2016
Bartlesville Okla
I have a 1999 Valkyrie, due to some back and leg issues my wife wants me to think about some kind of kit or something. We want to take some nice trips on the bike but also want to be safe and enjoy the ride. Any input would be more than welcome. I like the idea of being able to go from 2 to 4 and back.
Thanks Joe

Welcome Joe and greetings from Long Island. Nothing wrong with owning both a trike and bike. When ones in the shop, I like having a backup to switch to (HD's. Whatcha gonna do?).:qpnmt:

Welcome to the forums Joe, take your time and look around here, there’s plenty of folks with a lot of knowledge.

I've had several different bikes with outrigger kits (Voyager and TowPac) both on heavy and lighter weight rides. I personally would prefer the heavier constructed Voyager for a bike such as yours, particularly if you might want to pull a trailer. While the constructions are similar amoungst the various outrigger kits, Voyagers heavy tubing frame that wraps from the front base mounts (with two bolts to pull to remove the whole unit) all the around the bike as a single piece mainframe is a big plus to me.

If you are mechanically inclined, I would recommend that you be patient and watch for a used kit for sale. Research website(s) to see what version kit you would need For example Voyager offers 4 different frame dimensions and has a chart in their website that show each vehicle's recommended frame. You can save bucks under the $3500 or so retail prices.

JMHO! Guaranteed or your money back!

Welcome to Trike Talk from SE Missouri. I've seen several kits out there and the Voyager looks the best to me. It looks like it is make better and holds the bike better that the other kits.

Welcome to the forum Joe... I use a Tow Pac and am well satisfied with it... Look around and see what fits your requirements - I'm sure you'll find something that will work for you...

Les

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png