update on my leading link swap build.

I bled the master,i took calipers off and bled them with old rotor shoved in. I went threw a qt of fluid. Now today i disconnected one caliper and brakes are hard. . I used stock harley dual piston calipers. I went by the harley specs ( 4 pot dual caliper: 11/16 or 3/4 bore.) for master cylinder.. I will try bleading the shiet out of them again. ThumbUp

Attachments

• IMG_20160529_163024.jpg
    IMG_20160529_163024.jpg
    842.2 KB · Views: 239
I bled the master,i took calipers off and bled them with old rotor shoved in. I went threw a qt of fluid. Now today i disconnected one caliper and brakes are hard. . I used stock harley dual piston calipers. I went by the harley specs ( 4 pot dual caliper: 11/16 or 3/4 bore.) for master cylinder.. I will try bleading the shiet out of them again. ThumbUp

looks like the bleeders are on top... but perhaps not exactly at the highest point???

hard to believe but sometimes you can put a zip tie the brake lever to the handle bar a few hrs or over night...and you will have a good "peddle" lever

has worked a few times

looks like the bleeders are on top... but perhaps not exactly at the highest point???

hard to believe but sometimes you can put a zip tie the brake lever to the handle bar a few hrs or over night...and you will have a good "peddle" lever

has worked a few times

Funny you say that. Today the brakes are working perfect.lol

I put custom calipers and rotors off Jap bike on a Harley chain rear end, mmm, forgot the calipers were pointing down an so were the bleeders.

so i bled them in the upright position and re-bolted them, then they worked, they wont bleed correctly in the down position. Not for me anyway, an that looks to be the case for yours ??? If so you probably got a bubble in the line.

Even if its working today, tomorrow maybe another story. Best of luck. :cool:

Well. trike took a inspection yesterday. 100% legal now:D
Changing to 2.73 gears hopefully this weekend. The 4.10 gears with the small 14 inch tires aren't cutting it at all .

Questions

Hi Stacebg,

I tried to send you a message but the system would not let me. So I dropped it in this post.

My name is Scott and I'm from the U.S. I was wondering if I my ask you a couple of questions about your front end?

I have a vulcan VN2000 with a sidecar attached that I'm building a leading link for. My bike has more trail from the factory than yours does so I'm hope you can relate to my steering problem.

What I would really like to know is your thoughts on the shocks. I need to buy a pair and I would really like to only buy one pair, so I'm hoping to get it right the first time. I was thinking the first thing to do would be to weight the front end to get a starting point. I called Progressive and they were of no help at all.

The other thing I was interested in was what you used for a front axle.

Any information you my have to share would be great. Thank you for your time and have a good day.

Scott

2018.1.jpg

Hello Butch,

I am trying to get some inspiration from your Leading Link Fork. Since I am myself a beginner and want to build my electro-trike which shall cruise 5 passengers in a city, I thought I would put some questions to you. I am looking for simple fabrication technique for the Leading Link. My questions are:

1. Did you make the triple tree with stem yourself? Did you also made the tubes yourself?

2. What sort of shocks did you use?

3. What about the brakes, trail and rake?

Thanks

Ok some pictures but please remember im not a painter , welder or fabracator.Just an old fart trying to build a ride .lol I still have to paint up fender and dash and then trace all the wires out and plumb out the front brakes. Just maybe have it ready for bike week.

View attachment 35833View attachment 35830View attachment 35831View attachment 35832

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png