Gotta love wyoming!

Here you go, click on the thread below. Best I can do?

Excellent! The weather wasn't on its best behavior for us. We stopped to prepare - my better half in the pic. The sky wasn't looking very friendly and when we were paralleling Lake YS the wind was gusting as you can tell by the water. Part of the fun I guess. :AGGHH: I know the quality is poor but I have to downsize everything from 4k pixels. Most of my pics are in the 3.50 meg range and maybe I've not quite got a handle on the technique as of yet.

raintime.pngYSlake.jpg

Excellent! The weather wasn't on its best behavior for us. We stopped to prepare - my better half in the pic. The sky wasn't looking very friendly and when we were paralleling Lake YS the wind was gusting as you can tell by the water. Part of the fun I guess. :AGGHH: I know the quality is poor but I have to downsize everything from 4k pixels. Most of my pics are in the 3.50 meg range and maybe I've not quite got a handle on the technique as of yet.

View attachment 35602View attachment 35603

Your real close to the Yellowstone lodge and fishing bridge station here, The road runs right along the lake edge, I think? (central to the park) as the main roads through the park are in a figure 8? I know this area. It's a big lake for being a mountain lake isn't it? The smudge pots on the edge of the lake make the water right in this area a bit warmer. I cant remember do the call the area at the far right of the photo- ships point? There is thermal activity at the lake edge.

these two photos would be very close to where your at.

close to ship point
c9- veiw of yellowstone lake from overlook near lake village.JPG.jpg

burn area 88 fire
c13- veiw of yellowstone lake from overlook near lake village.JPG.jpg

These photos are at west thumb geyser basin very close to where you pictures were taken and I bet you went there?

m3- west thumb at edge of yellowstone lake-yellowstone park.jpg

m4- west thumb geyser basin-yellowstone park.jpg

m5- west thumb geyser basin-yellowstone.jpg

Yep, we were in the burn area and places you mention. ;) Our trip through Wyoming was spontaneous and unplanned, as well as limited by time. We met our daughter and her family in Nebraska and traveled together to SD as a planned trip, but when it was time to return home I suggested to the wife that we head for YS while being so near and she agreed. The young-ins had to leave because of work so we parted ways as they returned back to Omaha. Often the spontaneous decisions make for the most fun times and it was not a disappointment to say the least. I want to spend a lot more time in Wyoming and Montana. Both are a descriptive beauty that moves my soul with pure excitement.

This post is on our local news feed this morning from yellowstone park, Wyoming -2010

how's your day going? :Coffee:

This buffalo was scalded by a geyser he got too close to and the smell and commotion brought this old boy to investigate. :AGGHH:

13178861_502841259899636_9094197903050702445_n.jpg

Reports are the bison's day didn't get any better after this photo.
I have a hard time believing it could move?

Last edited:
Newborn bison euthanized after tourist puts it in car

This week in Yellowstone:

1451754111661-20.jpg

Newborn bison euthanized after tourist puts it in car

45901ba5-f27f-42b3-94c9-cd7bc36e5c14.png

(Yellowstone) - In recent weeks, visitors in the park have been engaging in inappropriate, dangerous, and illegal behavior with wildlife. In a release issued by the park today, Yellowstone stated that these actions endanger people and have now resulted in the death of a newborn bison calf.

Last week in Yellowstone National Park, visitors were cited for placing a newborn bison calf in their vehicle and transporting it to a park facility because of their misplaced concern for the animal's welfare. In terms of human safety, this was a dangerous activity because adult animals are very protective of their young and will act aggressively to defend them. In addition, interference by people can cause mothers to reject their offspring. In this case, park rangers tried repeatedly to reunite the newborn bison calf with the herd. These efforts failed. The bison calf was later euthanized because it was abandoned and causing a dangerous situation by continually approaching people and cars along the roadway.

In a recent viral video, a visitor approached within an arm's length of an adult bison in the Old Faithful area. Another video featured visitors posing for pictures with bison at extremely unsafe and illegal distances. Last year, five visitors were seriously injured when they approached bison too closely. Bison injure more visitors to Yellowstone than any other animal.

Approaching wild animals can drastically affect their well-being and, in this case, their survival. Park regulations require that you stay at least 25 yards (23 m) away from all wildlife (including bison, elk and deer) and at least 100 yards (91 m) away from bears and wolves. Disregarding these regulations can result in fines, injury, and even death. The safety of these animals, as well as human safety, depends on everyone using good judgment and following these simple rules.

For more information about safety in Yellowstone, visit https://www.nps.gov/yell/planyourvisit/safety.htm.

Feature Photo: h/t East Idaho News / Pitchengine Communities

#buckrail #county10 #county17 #dally #shortgo #oilcity #springcity #reboot #news

Here we go again?

These asshats are so self entitled they think that laws don't apply to them so they walk right out on sensitive environment at Grand prism Hot springs in Yellowstone trampling the bacterial mats etc.
I wish they would have gotten scalded the way bison did?

(Jackson, Wyo.) - On Saturday afternoon, four men ran out onto the Grand Prismatic Spring in Yellowstone National Park.
A local, who asked to remain anonymous, took several photos and a video of the men who walked off the boardwalk and onto the Grand Prismatic Spring. The person who took these photos reported the incident to Yellowstone National Park via email.

003a5d01-8c62-44a5-b1e7-70f400a9f630.jpg

This geyser very seldom ever goes off but when it does it is so violent it blows holes in the ground. Had it gone off the bears would have gotten another freshly cooked meal.
9a19c8b7-ff45-4193-9ce3-ffa9c88a13bc.jpg

30f94a2d-de4b-42e8-b476-6c275f8e0626.jpg

5693d023-4338-4690-ac8f-fc3d349fe318.jpg

d7a1719d-15cf-41d6-9e89-a4c749cb8310.jpg

below are some of my photos of Grand Prisim Hot springs where they empty into the firehole river and gives you a better idea of the sensitive bacterial mats these jerks were screwing up.

p3- grand primatic,midway geyser basin, firehole river-yellowstone parkl.jpg

p5- grand prismatic geyser basin dumping into firehole river-yellowstone park.jpg
p12,1 colors created by bacteria forming a mat.jpg

p13- thermal pond at grand prismatic hot spring -yellowstone park, wyoming.jpg

p14- grand prismatic hot springs-midway geyser basin-yellowstone nat park, wyoming.jpg

Beautiful pics.
The 4 jerks needed to get scalded for disrupting nature.

These bacterial mats take years to form.

About 30 years ago I seen a guy who underestimated a hot pool, it's depth and temperature and just being a drunk jerk pushed his friend into it.

result? Like a lobster, deader-n-hell.

Many people over the years have reached their hand down to test the temp and I wonder if their daddy's should have stuck their hand a stove when they were young?

It never ceases to amaze me about the stupidity of people in Yellowstone and other national parks. We have been thru Yellowstone about 11 times over the last 14 years and have seen way too many cases of dangerous acts by people around the bison and elk. The one with the tourists taking the bison calf to the park rangers in their SUV really takes the cake. What were they thinking:xzqxz::Shrug:

We have also seen similar actions in Theodore Roosevelt National Park here in ND with people getting way too close to the bison. We have also seen it in Custer State Park in South Dakota the two times we have been thru there. I once saw a sign that said: "Can you run the 100 yard dash in 5 seconds? A bison can". I'm not sure if the 5 second time is factual or not but I know of no person that can do that.

2016 Deep Jade Green and Black TG

Group post appology for disrespecting yellowston, whats wrong with this actiobn?

offers donations<template class="style-scope pitch-full" is="dom-if"></template> ? <!-- thumb_up <fb-like url="{{pitchUrl}}"></fb-like>

</paper-icon-button>
-->
ccd87bf9-d9e6-4814-b13a-fdae3107862f.jpg

READ THIS BULLSHIT AND SEE IF THIS ISNT JUST A LAME ASS WAY OF PROMOTING THEIR CAUSE?

THEY ARE GOING TO DONATE up to $5000,00 to Yellowstone, $1.00 for every favorite story you submit about Yellowstone?

My favorite story has yet to be written, My favorite story will be when you are arrested and brought to the states to face charges.

Their website says they are in Canada.

I beg to ask this question?
How about you turn yourself in and face prosecution?

You were not overwhelmed with the beauty of prismatic springs. You took pictures of the signs warning you to stay off and then deliberately ignored the ecosystem you claim to worship.

Millions of visitors are overwhelmed with the beauty of Yellowstone every year but still manage to respect the rules and the ecosystem!

I hope you are fined $5000,00 for every copy cat your bullshit will start in others?

Whoever your groups sponsors are they drop you like a hot rock.

Appology- not accepted. you were not drawn to it you just didn't give a shit!

(Yellowstone) - Yesterday, we posted an article about a group of men who walked off of the boardwalk and out onto the Grand Prismatic Spring in Yellowstone National Park.
A Buckrail reader, who wished to remain anonymous, took photos and video of the incident. Since the article, the group name High on Life SundayFundayz has written an apology and started a donation campaign for the park.
According to their Facebook post, "For the next two days, every time someone shares their favorite positive personal memory from Yellowstone National Park on the park’s Facebook page with the hashtag ‪#‎DonationforYellowstone‬, we will donate a dollar per personal story post, up to five thousand donation
app-facebook
High On Life SundayFundayz
<a class="_2q21" href="https://www.facebook.com/sundayfundayz/posts/1158149900916440:0" target="_blank"><abbr title="Tuesday, May 17, 2016 at 5:08am" class="timestamp" data-utime="1463483307">8 hours ago</abbr>

We would like to apologize to our community. Three days ago we were lucky enough to visit Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming and made the unfortunate error of leaving the pathway. We did not respect the protected environment we were exploring, and we want to acknowledge our wrongdoing. Because we have disappointed people with our actions, we have taken down the footage filmed off of the boardwalk at Yellowstone. We have realized that what we did was not okay, and we want ot...hers to learn from our mistake.
We got over zealous in our enthusiasm for this wonderful place. When standing at the face of such natural wonder, we were drawn to it. In an attempt to get the perfect shot, we acted in a way that doesn’t reflect our respect for the environment we were trying to capture. It was the wrong decision to make. We realize that now. For this we would like to sincerely apologize to the Yellowstone park community and the public.
We have spent a year saving for and planning this project, the last thing we intended to do was to disrespect this beautiful place. Quite the opposite. We have spent 75 days traveling the country and capturing its diverse beauty for the purpose of showcasing it to the world. We want to inspire others to go out and explore this vast land, to treat nature and our world with love and respect and to remind everyone watching to never take the wonders in their backyard for granted. This is what we stand for, this is who we are, with the purest of intentions we managed to screw up.
In a small gesture to try to show how incredibly apologetic we are, we will be donating $5,000 to Yellowstone National Park. We encourage you to share your favourite positive personal memory from Yellowstone National Park on the park’s Facebook page with the hashtag ‪#‎DonationforYellowstone‬.
We take your comments, messages and every piece of feedback seriously, and we will be accepting the ramifications of our actions. We hope that our community will forgive us for our misstep and continue to see us as a source of positivity and inspiration as we continue to capture this life worth living.
Sincerely,
The High On Life Crew
Ryker, Alexey, Justis, Parker

See More

It never ceases to amaze me about the stupidity of people in Yellowstone and other national parks. We have been thru Yellowstone about 11 times over the last 14 years and have seen way too many cases of dangerous acts by people around the bison and elk. The one with the tourists taking the bison calf to the park rangers in their SUV really takes the cake. What were they thinking:xzqxz::Shrug:

Thanks to this, the Bison Calf is now Dead.

Last week in Yellowstone National Park, visitors were cited for placing a newborn bison calf in their vehicle and transporting it to a park facility because of their misplaced concern for the animal’s welfare. In terms of human safety, this was a dangerous activity because adult animals are very protective of their young and will act aggressively to defend them. In addition, interference by people can cause mothers to reject their offspring. In this case, park rangers tried repeatedly to reunite the newborn bison calf with the herd. These efforts failed. The bison calf was later euthanized because it was abandoned and causing a dangerous situation by continually approaching people and cars along the roadway.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png