What do you carry at all times?

May 18, 2015
North Florida
New triker here. What recommendations as to what to keep on board at all times. Will I need a tool kit or tire repair kit as I carried on two wheels? Thanks

New triker here. What recommendations as to what to keep on board at all times. Will I need a tool kit or tire repair kit as I carried on two wheels? Thanks

I carry cellphone, plug kit with Co2 cartridges, very small compressor, And a Leatherman on my belt..
Also a card from my insurance co. with an emergency tow #...

When I'm riding local roads I don't carry anything extra but when we are traveling long distance I have my trailer attached and I have a tool kit and jack with me. I always have my cell phone on me and hope I have a signal if I have a breakdown:AGGHH:. I also carry a first aid kit with me.

I put in spare fuses, just in case. Also, a good spray cleaner to do your windshield in case you run into lots of bugs.
Carry jacket and gloves for me and Janice, just in case we do not want to come home early.
Extra MP3 music cards, to change the tunes. Chargers to do our cell phones while traveling.
DOT approved helmets, some states it is a requirement, and a helmet, just in case I go to a state which requires them, Janice wears hers all the time.
Rosy

A lot of the stuff we take along is trip-specific, like the GPS, water bottles, heated gear and such, but the trike is stocked all the time for riding.

In the lower trunk I carry a metric tool kit in the little trunk alcove over the wheels on the Champion Kit. Rarely needed them, and then mostly for other folks. This is a leftover from years ago when I had a 1970 Sportster - always carry tools. In the other alcove lives a full size trike cover or a 1/2 cover. Also in each alcove is a zip-up sweatshirt, 1 for each of us. Rain gear lives in the lower trunk also, unless there is no chance of rain - then we'll take it out.

In the upper trunk I keep a roll of duck (or duct, if you prefer) tape, a small collapsible travel umbrella, and a Whistler Safe Start Mini portable jump starter. On the GL1800's there is a little ledge on each side of the trunk and they sell (I made) plastic pieces to make this ledge into a small storage area. In one side lives a couple of fold-flat can coozies, a camp utensil (Plastic, spoon on one end, fork on the other) a set of disposable chopsticks or 2, a folder from the insurance company with paperwork on the trike, roadside assistance and insurance agent cards. The other side I keep a small set of tools that get used often in a little zipped bag. In there are 2 short 10mm wrenches to tighten or loosen the rider backrest, a few often used Allen wrenches, some zip ties, small ball bearings an short screwdriver to fix the mechanism on the windshield vent, an old 35mm film container with an 1157 bulb, and a small bell in case someone needs one.

I have a trunk lid organizer with pens, tire gauge, a couple of cigarette electrical port adapters, 2 USB cables and plugs for the electrical ports, 2 folding knives - a good one for me and one from the counter display at the gas station to lend out, sunscreen, chap stick, extra pairs of clip-on sunglasses for each of us, small spray bottle of water and a microfiber cloth to clean glasses, face shields or the windshield. The lid organizer is from Kuryakyn, it is removable, and there is some room between it and the trunk lid. Back there is the seat rain cover and a small soft bag 1st aid kit.

Wow. Until I put it down here I didn't realize how much stuff I kept in the trike. It doesn't take up much space - except for the tools, bike covers, sweatshirts and maybe the duct tape and umbrella, everything else would fit in a shoebox. As my wife has drilled into me over the last 20-some years, it's all about organization.

I just take my wife of 50 years. Not only does she know everything she tells me what I need.
She's also ready instantly to correct me on anything.
Kind of made me lazy. I don't have to use either one of my remaining brain cells.
She's all I need to take.
Sure do love her!

You are a lucky man. My wife of 45 years thinks the only thing she needs to remember is getting on and getting off the trike and the rest is up to me. I don't believe that will change in any amount of years. It's all about compromise, eh? :laugh:

I always carry helmets, spare bulbs and fuses, roll of electrical tape, small air pump, and basic tools at all times. It is law around here to carry an up to date insurance card and registration. One more item, we always have our frogg toggs for wind and rain.

Ozarkryder, where do you keep the kitchen sink? :goodjob:

I take my gps with me also, she tells me how fast i am going,when to turn,when to stop, tells me if it is hot are cold, also tells me when it is time to find a camp sight or motel what ever the case may be. God love her I would not be without her. We will have been married 59 years 27th June and riding all these years. She is a trooper and a keeper.

I take my gps with me also, she tells me how fast i am going,when to turn,when to stop, tells me if it is hot are cold, also tells me when it is time to find a camp sight or motel what ever the case may be. God love her I would not be without her. We will have been married 59 years 27th June and riding all these years. She is a trooper and a keeper.

Wow! 59 years is a remarkable achievement. Sounds like she is a real keeper. To semi-quote Karl Mauldin: "Don't leave home without her."

I always have my cell phone, as does my wife. I also carry a variety of zip ties, The multi-tool kit that came with the trike, air pump for the shocks, a high quality tire gauge, couple of bottles of water and my Ruger LCP.

I just take my wife of 50 years. Not only does she know everything she tells me what I need.She's also ready instantly to correct me on anything.Kind of made me lazy. I don't have to use either one of my remaining brain cells.She's all I need to take. Sure do love her!

Our wives must have attended the same Wife School. ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackslapper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackslapper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png