Let's Talk Rain Suits

Feb 20, 2016
Monterey,TN,USA
I have starting looking at rain suits online and a couple at the Honda dealer. I want something light, maybe in a red color to match my Trike. Also my wife is 4' 11" and the pants are way too long. Need shorter pants for her or a company that makes shorter pants for woman.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I've been very pleased with my Tourmaster rain gear. Womens does come in extra-small which says it might work but I'm not sure they have anything with red in it.

You have to go a long ways to beat Frogg Toggs! They are light, breath very well, keep the rain out, and are not too expensive. I've even seen them in a cranberry color but it's not a very good match to bike colors. Like so many things these days you really have to try them on to see if they fit the way you'd like. I went to Academy Sports and found exactly what I wanted. :xszpv::xszpv:

You have to go a long ways to beat Frogg Toggs! They are light, breath very well, keep the rain out, and are not too expensive. I've even seen them in a cranberry color but it's not a very good match to bike colors. Like so many things these days you really have to try them on to see if they fit the way you'd like. I went to Academy Sports and found exactly what I wanted. :xszpv::xszpv:

Thanks guy

Goldrush, I will try Academy for Frogg Toggs

Gold Rush is on the money. the wife and I have worn ours in monsoon type rains for miles and we are always dry as a drought. They take very little space when it comes to packing for long rides, another plus.

Bought a Dry Rider for 20 bucks years ago and it has never failed me yet. Dry, strong plastic, yellow, and very visible.

We now each have a set of X-element raingear, it works very well but it takes up a lot space. We had ridden from Des Moines to home south of Joplin (6 - 7 hours) in a good rain and stayed dry as can be expected. (There will always be a little wetness, around the collar, the wrists if rain gloves aren't worn and such.)

We used to have Frog Toggs and liked them, but eventually with use there is one place they would start to leak - in the crotch. On a long ride in rain the seats on the trike and bike are shaped so I end up sitting in a pool of water. This eventually soaked through the seams - I would hope it was the seams and not the Frogg Togg material itself - and resulted in an embarrassing wet area when I took the Frogg Togg pants off.
Now this was before the motorcycle specific version of Frogg Toggs were out, and most likely not made to be sat in for long periods of time. They were marketed for golfing, fishing and other upright activities.
Those that have the newer motorcycle specific Frogg Toggs and have ridden distances in rain - how have they held up. Any leaks, weak spots or things you don't like?
We would like to have some gear that packs smaller than our present gear, is light and breathes well. They should also hold up for at least a few years with use as we use our raingear hours at a time many times a year.

Let's Talk Raingear

We now each have a set of X-element raingear, it works very well but it takes up a lot space. We had ridden from Des Moines to home south of Joplin (6 - 7 hours) in a good rain and stayed dry as can be expected. (There will always be a little wetness, around the collar, the wrists if rain gloves aren't worn and such.)

We used to have Frog Toggs and liked them, but eventually with use there is one place they would start to leak - in the crotch. On a long ride in rain the seats on the trike and bike are shaped so I end up sitting in a pool of water. This eventually soaked through the seams - I would hope it was the seams and not the Frogg Togg material itself - and resulted in an embarrassing wet area when I took the Frogg Togg pants off.
Now this was before the motorcycle specific version of Frogg Toggs were out, and most likely not made to be sat in for long periods of time. They were marketed for golfing, fishing and other upright activities.
Those that have the newer motorcycle specific Frogg Toggs and have ridden distances in rain - how have they held up. Any leaks, weak spots or things you don't like?
We would like to have some gear that packs smaller than our present gear, is light and breathes well. They should also hold up for at least a few years with use as we use our raingear hours at a time many times a year.

I am still looking myself and so far like tourmaster, but won't rule out Frogg Togg

come back one year from wings over the smokies in the rain and my wife got soaked. she had on a set of frog toggs. went down the next week and bought tourmaster rain gear. we like them a lot better.

Ive used past tense Frogg Ts for many years.
Best value out there in wet wear.
Burnt up every set Ive had on the 2 wheelers. Anyone need a size large top?? Gots plenty someplace.:D Im a XX these days.:gah:j/k But not about the size.:gah::gah:

I don't mean to hijack anything here but:
What do you guys do for your foot wear??
Ive never found anything to be 100% satisfactory.
If there is one thing I hate more then the rains here in Florida. Its soggy wet feets. Shoes and or boots get soaked through and through. They take days to dry and shrink too.:AGGHH::AGGHH::AGGHH::AGGHH::AGGHH:

JaysGone says, in part:
I don't mean to hijack anything here but:
What do you guys do for your foot wear??
Ive never found anything to be 100% satisfactory.
If there is one thing I hate more then the rains here in Florida. Its soggy wet feets. Shoes and or boots get soaked through and through. They take days to dry and shrink too.:AGGHH::AGGHH::AGGHH::AGGHH::AGGHH:

We have Choko design rain boots. They fit over our riding boots, have a hard sole and seem to work well. Just for insurance I spray them with tent waterproofer when I get them and halfway through the season. depending on use they seem to last 3 to 5 years for me. Gloria's last longer as she doesn't run the controls We've got ours at the Davis Rally in Iowa for about $15 3 years ago. We get the standard, not the deluxe. http://www.goldwinggear.com/en/rainwear.htm

I have a friend who rides every day it's not ice covered in Fayetteville, AR. He doesn't even own a car or truck. He swears by the Aerostich rain boots. Says he never gets wet feet. http://www.aerostich.com/neos-adventurer-overshoes.html
At $87 they better be good! He also has the 3 fingered rain glove covers, and a full 1 piece Aerostich riding suit. He says it is good for any weather he comes across. Vented for the heat, electric liner for the cold and it's water proof. He reports the only place he has gotten damp is around the neck when riding a naked bike. Again, for around $1200 or so depending on accessories and custom work it better do the job!

Just got back from 10 days of touring out west.
The last three days were cold and wet.
Frog Toggs over the leather and we remained dry and toasty.
For the money, they're hard to beat.

JaysGone says, in part:

We have Choko design rain boots. They fit over our riding boots, have a hard sole and seem to work well. Just for insurance I spray them with tent waterproofer when I get them and halfway through the season. depending on use they seem to last 3 to 5 years for me. Gloria's last longer as she doesn't run the controls We've got ours at the Davis Rally in Iowa for about $15 3 years ago. We get the standard, not the deluxe. http://www.goldwinggear.com/en/rainwear.htm

I have a friend who rides every day it's not ice covered in Fayetteville, AR. He doesn't even own a car or truck. He swears by the Aerostich rain boots. Says he never gets wet feet. http://www.aerostich.com/neos-adventurer-overshoes.html
At $87 they better be good! He also has the 3 fingered rain glove covers, and a full 1 piece Aerostich riding suit. He says it is good for any weather he comes across. Vented for the heat, electric liner for the cold and it's water proof. He reports the only place he has gotten damp is around the neck when riding a naked bike. Again, for around $1200 or so depending on accessories and custom work it better do the job!

Thanks Ill look into both of those links

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png