High speed noise

Jun 30, 2014
Spokane, Wa
Greets all,
I recently “triked”my 2000 SE with a Motor Trike and absolutely love the conversion. I have noted one problem that occurs at approx. 60 mph. At first I suspected rear tire noise and thought maybe it was a normal thing on trikes. Last night I discovered that if I pull in the clutch the noise stops and starts again when I release the clutch. Any idea what it maybe? Its 140 miles to the dealer who installed it so may have to bring it back for them to look at. Thanks for any input. I might add I really enjoy this site for all the inputs and vast knowledge on “Trike Riding”.

Last edited:
Greets all,
I recently “triked”my 2000 SE with a Motor Trike and absolutely love the conversion. I have noted one problem that occurs at approx. 60 mph. At first I suspected rear tire noise and thought maybe it was a normal thing on trikes. Last night I discovered that if I pull in the clutch the noise stops and starts again when I release the clutch. Any idea what it maybe? Its 140 miles to the dealer who installed it so may have to bring it back for them to look at. Thanks for any input. I might add I really enjoy this site for all the inputs and vast knowledge on “Trike Riding”.

Possibly a U-Joint / how many miles on the Kit? Lubing that U-Joint at correct intervals..? If it free wheels with no noise, that's generally the cause with the drive shaft pulling!

Noise at high speed

The kit was installed approximately 350 miles ago. I do not know much about trikes yet but the u-joint also came in mind. Thanks for reply.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png