New sidecar in June

May 23, 2016
mccormick
I have to be in Murray KY June 27th to have our new sidecar installed on 2012 Goldwing then ride back to South Carolina and get ready for 4 week vacation up to New Hampshire then over to Illinois and back to SC. By then I should know if I like the sidecar.

I have to be in Murray KY June 27th to have our new sidecar installed on 2012 Goldwing then ride back to South Carolina and get ready for 4 week vacation up to New Hampshire then over to Illinois and back to SC. By then I should know if I like the sidecar.

Welcome to Trike Talk... And after all that riding you should have enough miles on the hack to iron out all its quirts...ThumbUp

welcome aboard. The sidecar is a whole different animal then a trike. Steers different between a left turn and right turn. Body lean is more important. Also a rake kit is very much encouraged with a side car. Once you get used to it they are just as much fun as a trike. Enjoy

if you havent ridden a hack before i would suggest going out in a parking lot and doing some figure 8s to get used to how light it can get on right turns... spend some time playing before you go out and have to deal w a new rig AND all the a--hats on the road....
maybe even let the car come up a tad ... cuz if it does you want it to be second nature as to how it feels an what to do about it...
might want to have some weight for the car.. depending on how much trhe car weighs.. good luck w it

Sidecar

Best of luck on the new rig - I've always wanted to try a side hack, so far have settled for 2, then 3 wheels (trike)......hack is on MY BUCKET LIST!
ENJOY......:)

I started out on 2 about 60 years ago then went with a trike about 10 yrs ago then back to 2 last year, now we want to try the hack. We did get to try out a hack last summer and the wife liked it.

best of luck with new rig... wife and I have been riding side car-rig for about 10 years,,,,,some time she in the sidecar some time i'm in the sidecar:D its all good!! we've had a lot of good times with ours hope you do as well
mike

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Astro5150

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Astro5150
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png