Death Wobble 2016 Wing W/CSC Trike Kit

Picked up my new 2016 Wing level 3 with a California Side Car Trike Kit, had a Superbrace installed and Centramatic wheel balancer...Left the dealership and have put 1200 miles on it so far, trip home this wobble has happened about 20 times....Not sure what is causing it and what brings it on....

It will not allow me to upload a MOV. file extension

Picked up my new 2016 Wing level 3 with a California Side Car Trike Kit, had a Superbrace installed and Centramatic wheel balancer...Left the dealership and have put 1200 miles on it so far, trip home this wobble has happened about 20 times....Not sure what is causing it and what brings it on....

It will not allow me to upload a MOV. file extension

First off, WELCOME TO TRIKE TALK!!! You will love this forum!

Danny, it's unclear if you had ridden the new trike and it had this problem so you had the superbrace and centramatic wheel balancers installed as an attempt to cure the issue or have had them on every since the conversion. If the problem started after the addition of brace and balancers then I'd focus my attention there. If you have had the head shake since the conversion, the first question that comes to mind is did you have the front rake kit installed?

I did experience that issue one time just after I mounted a new front tire but only a couple times then it seemed to cure itself. IMHO a rake kit is almost an absolute necessity and properly installed should cure that issue. I'd also check tire pressure (all three tires) as that can cause some really strange problems.

Our founder (BAZOOKA, ZOOK, RANDY) runs Cut-N-Shoot Customs (www.cutnshootcustoms.com) up in Conroe. You might give Randy a call or take a short trip up there and visit with him. :xszpv::xszpv:

Hope that help Danny!! :)

Everthing was installed before I took delivery

I had several thousand dollars worth of extras, installed before I picked it up....I am currently working over here near Chicago....

Yes Bazooka shop is like 20 minutes from my house in Houston, but I do not go home until November...YIKES

Dealership is sending me over to CSC near Woodstock Illinois, in a few weeks

How and when does the wobble occur? And also make sure all wheel weights are removed off of the front tire with the centramatics.

It just comes and goes

Different pavement, usually while driving on the freeway could be @ 45-80 miles per hour...I pull over start back and it still does it....then it may not do it again for 2-3 hundred miles....I just did the Ozarks and then on the Freeway some, so far about 1200 miles on it.....It just comes and goes mysteriously dissappers then ....

I ride over 50K miles a year on a bike....I own several street bikes and have never felt anything like this....

They did the rake kit when they built the bike....I was thinking it may be a bad neck bearing or something...

I did check the front wheel and there are no wheel weights on it...

Best guess without personally inspecting the trike, sounds like the installer (possibly) didn't properly seat the races and steering head bearings and it has loosened up. This is best guess, not accusing the installer of being incompetent. If so, it also might likely be exacerbated by too much rear tire air pressure. First, check the rear air pressure, note what it is then set it at 22-24 lbs before you do anything else. I know this sounds strange, but trust me, rear air pressure has a bigger effect on ride and handling than you would ever imagine. After you check and adjust, ride it and see if that helps any.

Next, jack the front end one inch off the ground and check the fall away, or how easily the front end swings left or right. If it flops, easily left to right, re-torque the steering stem to 45 ft lbs, to seat the races, then back it off and re-torque to 30-35 lbs, or until the front end requires the slightest amount of pressure to turn left to right with the front wheel jacked one inch off the ground. From there I would look at front tire balance. Let us know what you find.

For $45,000 I would be furious. "In a few weeks" would not cut it for repair either.

Unfortunately, when the trike companies are making companies like Jimbob's RV Center in Armarillo, TX a dealer, this is what happens all too often.

It would be very easy to check head bearings - jack front wheel off ground and look for looseness. If it's tight, good luck. PS- you bought CSC's fancy 5 year warranty so you wouldn't go through this.

Dealership That Built New TRIKE

The dealership that built the 2016 Gold Wing With California Side Car TRIKE Kit says...

Because I had them install (Super-Brace)
Because I had them Install (Centra-Matic Wheel Balancers On Front Wheel)
Because I had them Install (Ride-ON Wheel Balancers on Rear Wheels)
I am thinking they want to separate themselves from the issues, but I do have Videos to support the issues....what a mess

Last night when I got home from work I found dealership had left 3/4 OZ. weight on left wheel....
And also left 3/4 OZ. weights on (2) places on Right wheel....

The fall-away is terrible on this build so I am sure they did not Torq, front end properly and then Re-torq front end after new bearings and races were seated....They never test rode this build, it had .4 miles on new trike when I picked it up...

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fredmarkley5050#gmail.com

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fredmarkley5050#gmail.com
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png