Pic Heavy 2016 Ride Report - 40 Days Following the Front Wheel

Day 20 Part I Continued-

A view thru the windshield. Even though we're traveling at a good clip, mostly around 60 mph, the 45 mpg is due to going primarily downhill. I'm not sure how much elevation we've dropped, but the temps are up to the high 40's.

21%20Thru%20Windshield_zps36dfdwux.jpg

There aren't many towns between Stanley & Salmon, but here is one with a population of 7. :)

22%20Big%20Town_zps5y36tmlj.jpg

This is a great road...

23%20MIM%20Great%20road_zpswu3b8c1l.jpg

...fun riding, amazing views, and is shaping up to be one of those perfect riding days!

24%20Amazing%20sights_zpsjzwrltka.jpg

Some fellow travelers.

25%20Fellow%20Travelers_zps8bimkxra.jpg

Here is a short video. Click HERE to see it.

We're getting close to Challis, and the way the road is winding thru these mountains is just breath-taking...

26%20Big%20Country_zpssbtsc2cg.jpg

...at this point, we both have already decided we want to ride this road again!

27%20cutting%20between_zpsxrk2dn31.jpg

We've passed thru Challis now, the road has tightened up a bit, and is just a blast riding thru here!

28%20Passed%20thru%20Challis_zpsye2897qm.jpg

The variation in the road, the views, the terrain, all in less than 100 miles, wowowow! Makes for some great riding!

29%20Headed%20toward%20Salmon_zpsk0krt4tc.jpg

Part II coming soon!

Kevin

No Ride Report tonight.

Met with Rick (missedem) this morning...good people, and then played with our granddaughter this afternoon and evening. I'm beat. lol

Here's Lydia...ready to roll! :)

Lydia%20-%20Ready%20to%20Roll_zpsbszzneas.jpg

Kevin

This is the first pic I've seen of you with the beard and hair looking all Gandalf-y. Make you look totally different than the Kevin I've always seen in pics with the beard in hairbands and the hair tucked up in a skull cap.

I like it!

Setting a bad precedent...no ride report again tonight.

We got a late start today, and have just ran out of time (and energy). Who knew playing with an 8 year old could use more energy than a 700 mile day? :)

But our time is precious little with Craig and Lydia, so the Ride Reports will resume soon.

Another memory that won't be forgotten!

Gramps%20and%20Lydia_zpsal1nyea0.jpg

Kevin

Time is so short and before you know it she will be graduating from High School at a blink of an eye.

Life is like a roll of toilet paper.... the closer to the end of the roll the faster it goes.

Have fun while you can. DJ

she is growing like a weed!! soon she will be popping wheelies..

Yep & maybe. :xzqxz:

This is the first pic I've seen of you with the beard and hair looking all Gandalf-y. Make you look totally different than the Kevin I've always seen in pics with the beard in hairbands and the hair tucked up in a skull cap.

I like it!

Lydia loves playing with my beard! lol

Looks like she is ready for a ride. DJ

+1 yes she does. I bet when she is older she will.

Yeah, she certainly likes the idea of riding, and will ride with me & Mary, but the exhaust sound still scares her a bit. lol

great picture!! You can see the love!!

Family time is the most important time you can spend.

We will just have to wait. Enjoy that time.

Now that is a picture for the album. Sweet

That picture is worth more than any ride report.

+1 on that!!! Ride reports can wait on spending time with the grandbabies!!! Enjoy!!!

We made some good memories, for sure.

Time is so short and before you know it she will be graduating from High School at a blink of an eye.

Life is like a roll of toilet paper.... the closer to the end of the roll the faster it goes.

Have fun while you can. DJ

Yep, that last picture says it all, enjoy while you can Kevin, they do grow up fast.

Great picture, enjoy it they grow up way to fast!

Yes, it does not seem long ago at all that she wasn't even walking! eeek, time goes fast.

Grankids are worth every minute spent with them. Enjoy your time with the kids!

Well said and thanks!

Kevin

Day 20 Part II-

This was a riding day to remember...if you like curves, long sweepers, hairpins, twistys, uphill curves, downhill curves, decreasing radius curves, banked curves, off-camber curves, corkscrew curves...what did I forget? Well, it was one of those day...just fantastic riding! Oh, and the views were equally fantastic! :)

Here we are, still on our way to Salmon. Around every turn is a surprise...

30%20toward%20Salmon_zpsltcgofuz.jpg

....might be a open valley, a meadow, or a complete change in terrain.

31%20Road_zps3mymfjqq.jpg

The curves, the beauty, and....

32%20views_zpssp34fzri.jpg

...the views seem endless.

33%20Amazing_zps65senkzr.jpg

As we are coming into Salmon.....the reason I keep mentioning Salmon, even though we are going to Missoula, Salmon is our gas stop for the day....As we are coming into Salmon, all these snow covered mountains come into view!

34%20Coming%20into%20Salmon_zpsaqn0kk4x.jpg

We stopped in Salmon, got gas, ate a sandwich, and headed on. Did not take a single pic in town. Please, don't take offense if you live in Salmon, (or any other city we pass thru) it is a nice town...we are just so focused on the beauty of the countryside, we rarely take photos in a town or city.

As we are headed out of Salmon, on our way to Missoula, we pass a car that blew a curve and had a head-on collision with a mountain. Hopefully no one was hurt badly.

35%20Leaving%20Salmon%20Blew%20a%20corner_zpsi1xr0u77.jpg

This may seem like a weird angle or view...but this was what it looked like looking up a very steep mountain from the road.

36%20up%20side%20of%20mountain_zpsafzjtree.jpg

We're starting to climb a pass, we came upon a Heritage and Sporty Trike. It looked like they were thoroughly enjoying their ride...

37%20Heritage%20Sporty%20Trike_zpsewwefap0.jpg

...I just wanted to enjoy it a bit faster. :)

I do not know the name of this pass, but it is the 93, between Salmon and Sula in Idaho, and it is a Fantastic stretch!

38%20Lots%20of%20curves_zpskxvybdae.jpg

It can be difficult to capture a curve in a photo while riding, but I think Mary does really great at it, especially at the speeds we are going.

39%20More_zpsdepygbgg.jpg

More in next post.

Day 20 Part II continued-

This road is a blast to ride...

40%20Hard%20to%20capture_zpsjmcgzbi5.jpg

...with curve after curve! :)

We've been missing the rain for awhile now. It will look like we're headed right into it, then the road will go a different direction!

41%20Kept%20avoiding%20rain%20-%20barely_zpsxkpxjrli.jpg

Crossing into Montana. Northern Idaho has been fantastic!

42%20Montana_zpscxksxbsa.jpg

The fun continues!

43%20Fun%20Continues_zpsybozreaz.jpg

A couple of shots at some...

44%20Looking%20back%20thru%20corner_zpskewqu7dy.jpg

...different angles.

45%20Looking%20ahead%20thru%20corner_zpscgsasp6n.jpg

I don't know what to say...this road is one we travel again...both for the views and how much fun it is to ride!

46%20Still%20trying%20to%20capture_zpsbh5sepco.jpg

We've finally got hit with some light rain...nothing much, and it looks like clear sailing ahead.

47%20A%20few%20sprinkles_zpsmfvry5bh.jpg

Then we see this...and the curves are pretty much gone, looks like we're headed straight into it.

48%20Looks%20like%20more_zpsxjpsr7kx.jpg

It's been pretty cold all day. We are all layered up, wearing our electric jacket liners, and I've had my rain paints on, and Mary her whole rainsuit to cut the wind.

With what's ahead we stopped so I could put my rainsuit jacket on. Took this pic on the side of the road before heading into the rain.

49%20Rain%20Jacket_zpszlwghiga.jpg

There's just a bit more for Day 20. I will get it post as soon as I can. We have some heavy riding over the next few days, so it may be 3-4 days before I can post again.

Kevin

Hey you two... Looks like ya had a great ride! We love that route to Montana and it is still a fairly unknown road for Trikes and bikes. No matter how many times you travel it there is something different to see.... Both directions! Glad you enjoyed it..!! Be safe and a late Happy Birthday Mary! T & M

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dpegleg

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dpegleg
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png