Voyager/Toe pac/ Triax/ Trigg

Rode almost 100 miles yesterday, now up to 800. Soon to take some longer trips.
Had a nice chat with the dealer and told him that I had reduced the tire pressure in the rear motorcycle tire by a few pounds. He told me for a softer ride to remove some more.
I'm now at 42 front, 15 in air shocks, 18 in outboard tires, 35 in rear tire, 5/8 inch preload. BIG difference, nicer ride, much more stable.

When I had mine for 3 years I put on about 10,000 miles . Wife didn't like the ride so most was solo. She did ride on it more as a Voyager than before it was a Voyager . Yes I did the over preload . I practically invented that back in 1999 . I did it and mentioned it to the Voyager people , now I see they suggest it. . Reducing the rear tire pressure is a new tip. I would think it would increase rear tire wear more than the Voyager already does.

Thanks for the info!

Have not been riding much, two busy with work and hanging out with my Grandson for part of the summer.He is going back to his mom mid July so maybe after that I can get a few rides in...

I only have put around 250 miles on the voyager.

I have the Voyager on my Wing since 2006 and only changed the rear tire once, as it got a nail in it. And like a regular trike I replaced the front tire and currently running an E3. I have put 11,000 miles on the Wing with the Voyager installed and the settings I use work fine.

Attachments

• Baby.jpg
    Baby.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 128
When I had mine for 3 years I put on about 10,000 miles . Wife didn't like the ride so most was solo. She did ride on it more as a Voyager than before it was a Voyager . Yes I did the over preload . I practically invented that back in 1999 . I did it and mentioned it to the Voyager people , now I see they suggest it. . Reducing the rear tire pressure is a new tip. I would think it would increase rear tire wear more than the Voyager already does.

Thinking the net effect of lowering the tire pressure is to add preload and have the outboard wheels take more load. Mine were not taking much load as during the install I added preload first and then and then brought the tires up. Adding air crowns the tire and raises the bike, if I'm thinking correctly. Let me know if I'm off base here. If I'm not happy with the tire pressure, will add air and a bit of preload. Have quite a bit of rear tread, so I can try things.
Denny

I run the Wing with 3/4" preload, 20lbs of air in the Voyager tires 40r/36f on the Wing, 47lbs of air in the rear shocks and 5 in the front. I've got a few more things to adjust to control the handling.

Hi Everyone, I am back from my vaction and back in the heat. I picked up my Triax the day before I left and took it with me to the White Mountains. I road it maybe a 100 miles all together. It handled like a truck with no power steering. I was given no manuel and I was told it was all set-up. I am pouring thru the TT site trying to find a comparable set-up and to dublicate it. If I can't find the right set-up then I guess I will start looking for an ez steer set-up.

If u EZ steer set up the bike it will NEVER be able to run as a BIKE again , You might as well weld the unit on . U need to play with the pre load . ( took me about 4 tries to get mine right ). At no time when bike is on a flat surface with no rider should either tire be floating in the air . The bike should not freely rock back and forth. To change pre load you must place a piece of wood 3/4" to 1" under the rear motorcycle tire . Now loosen the rear clamps. Wheels on either side should lower . tighten the clamps back up .Drive off wood. Try to rock bike . Test ride bike . YES bike will steer hard, not as easy as a 3 wheel trike . This is for a voyager conv. not sure if the TRIAX will do it exactly the same way.

I don't know I was told it would be very difficult to ride. U could do what DAVE did an just replace the forks with other Harley ones . A lot cheaper

Larry-
Id talk to the Triax people about the setup before you adjust it as every manufacturer has a different procedure for adjusting or tuning the suspension.

I'm not sure what changing the forks would do, please explain. Also I'm not on a Harley I ride a Kawasaki 1500 Nomad, which is the reason I can't ever seem to find the right parts. Mine is a year 2000, Hannigan makes a ez steer for the Nomad, but only back to year 2001, not sure what changes were made from 2000 to 2001, I kind of dought there were any in the steering, but when I called the factory, I was told there must be something.

Today I took the bike out on the interstate (only 20 Miles)... Did pretty good.
Did not pull to the right like it used to. I think the pre-load adjustment did help alot.

In town - when hitting damaged streets you can feel it... Have to slow down to 20-25 MPH.... Turns are much better and controled...

Does not feel loose like it use to.

For those of you that have the voyager and ride two up do you feel it rides better with two then solo?

Thanks
Joe

I discovered a very large problem with the trike, it seems if I take of just one hand from the handlebars, it starts swoobling the whole front end from side to side. The dealer says he set pre-load at 1/2 inch. I was able to get 1 1/8 inchs of boards on the rear tire before I was able to get it to rock back and forth. My question, on the pre-load with no one the trike is the rear tire acually of the ground? I have order a rear tire for the front and I am going to get the steering head bearings packed, as soon as the tire comes in. Any thoughts from other outrigger trike would help. ;)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png