window tint

jim peacock

Contrinuting Member
Apr 21, 2009
greenfield indiana
I have a clear Tulsa windshield with vent on our 96se which I have had for several years and I have the chrome strips around it like you use on car doors and the windshield looks like new.
Here is what I am thinking of doing take the chrome strip off and make sure the back side of the windshield is good and clean and install dark tint from the top of the windshield down for three inches to block some of the sun as it is going down in the evening and then reinstall the chrome strip so water can not get under it from the top are sides.
What do you think of this idea?

I have a Tulsa-xtra tall with vent and it's tinted. I wish that I had NOT ordered the tint. It reflects everything on the dash!

I had one before without the tint and it was better!

let us know how it works for you.
that sun coming up in the morning, or going down in the evening is horrible! wife and i both have had eye surgery, and are now light sensitive. hope your idea works-might try it myself.
dave

I did send him a e-mail today but it being Sunday I did not expect any reply.
I got the idea because when I bought my aria flip shield helmet at sierra electronics I also bought their tint strips.
I put one at the top of the shield and one on the bottom of the shield and left the center clear.I have had the helmet for six years that way and it does help,with no problems.

I tried to put tint on my Goldwing by using a scrap peice from a cage installation. IT WOULD NOT ADHERE so my advice is to leave your trim on and not take it off. ALSO TO OTHERS, I too got the idea of putting the door edge on my windshield. Must have gotten something wrong or the wrong size so I tried super glueing it on. BIG MISTAKE, ruined my windshield the windshield material absorbs the super glue leaving a big glob that you can not see through. Used acetone and every darn thing I could think of with no luck. Cost me $212 to replace with a new vented windshield. That is a lesson learned the hard way.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png