leaking lehman lower trunk

Jun 27, 2009
SAN ANTONIO TX
no matter what i do, or i should say no matter what the dealer tries. we can't get the lower trunk to stop leaking. the smallest amount of water leaks into the trunk. we've tried extra seals, all type of weather stripping. and supposedly the dealer talked to lehman and lehman said "adjust the door better". well that hasn't worked either.

i'm open to all suggestions. including turning the lower trunk into an aquarium:(

no matter what i do, or i should say no matter what the dealer tries. we can't get the lower trunk to stop leaking. the smallest amount of water leaks into the trunk. we've tried extra seals, all type of weather stripping. and supposedly the dealer talked to lehman and lehman said "adjust the door better". well that hasn't worked either.

I'm open to all suggestions. including turning the lower trunk into an aquarium:(

How old is the conversion?
Is there a small crack allowing the intrusion in the door or body?
Warped door?
Warped body?
Who is we, Is one of the we the installer?

Not sure about the design of the Lehman, but my Motor Trike had this issue also. I found it was comin' in around the bolts that go through the rear bumper, body trunk floor, and frame. Wet roads were "splashing" it up there. I sealed all the bolts with silicone.....:cool:

the conversion is less than a year old, it was done in kerrville tx. i don't think its from the bolts but i can check., the dealer says it's not the door. but will ask lehman to see about getting a new one. there are no visible cracks.

A fellow I rode with Saturday has had the same problem with his Lehman kit on his 1500<br />
I have a 06 Lehman kit on my 96se and have never had that problem.<br />
I got to looking at the rubber seals and they are different.<br />
His seal has little holes all the way around it were mine does not.<br />
Also were his comes together at the bottom there is a little crack,where mine meets,while there is a seem it is tight with each side and it has some kind of sealer in it.<br />
Check to see if your seal has the little holes in it and check to see if were it comes together and if there is any kind of sealing compound in it.

Friend of mine had the same problem, he took a real bright flashlight and put it in the trunk on, in a dark garage. Found the places the gasket was not sealing correctly and then worked till he got it to show not light. He now does not have any leaks either...

Only a suggestion...

Good luck..

i thinking about stuffing one of the grandkids in there with flashlight and then hose it down. if it's leaking, he should be able to breathe all right. (kidding??).

the dealer suggested adding a seal on the trunk body. will do the dark thing.

i'm thinking about putting my video camera in the trunk and then shine a light around and see what happens.

good advice from all thanks.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png