Headlight Height Adjustment

paid4c4

300+ Posts
Mar 28, 2016
Crestview Hills, KY, USA
I have a 2006 GW 1800 Motor Trike and none of the functions on the control panel on the left side which had Headlight Height Adjustment, Memo, ect seem to work. Are these disconnected when a GW is Triked or should I start trouble shooting?
Bill

I have a 2009 and the headlight adjustment works fine. So does the battery charge voltage and the suspension air pressure. Perhaps your installer did something wrong, it wouldn't be the first time.

I have a 2006 GW 1800 Motor Trike and none of the functions on the control panel on the left side which had Headlight Height Adjustment, Memo, ect seem to work. Are these disconnected when a GW is Triked or should I start trouble shooting?
Bill

Which conversion kit did you have installed Bill? Some have replaced the memo switch location with indicators and others do not. Help us help you... :xszpv: :xszpv:

Which conversion kit did you have installed Bill? Some have replaced the memo switch location with indicators and others do not. Help us help you... :xszpv: :xszpv:
I bought this trike a couple of months ago from the original owner. I have found a build label on the underneath part of the trike which indicates it was built in 2007 and is a Motor Trike Spyder.IMG_0575.jpg
This is about all the information I have.
Bill

Bill there is a big gray connector under the left pocket That I'd bet is not connected. Your OEM suspension preload is disconnected during the conversion but the head light adjust and Hazard Warning should still work. Motor Trike had an optional onboard air compressor for the rear air springs. If you still have the OEM preload controls then that option is not installed so you will have a Schrader valve somewhere to service your air springs. (sorry, I wandered)....... :xszpv::xszpv:

You will have to remove the molding on the left side then there is an Allen head screw holding the control panel in place. You might be able to get it out and reconnect the gray connector without removing the pocket. If not here is the procedure from the '06 service manual. Pay attention to the red letters I added.

Good Luck !!

FAIRING MOLDING REMOVAL

Take care not to break the molding tabs.

Release the front tab first by sliding the molding rearward, then release the other tabs and remove the fairing molding. This procedure will most likely cause you to break tabs. Start at the bottom and carefully work you way to the top!!!

Install the fairing molding in the reverse order of removal, being careful not to damage the tabs.

LEFT FAIRING POCKET

Remove the fairing molding
Push the opener button and open the fairing pocket.

Remove the following:
– four trim clips (by pushing the center pin in)
– left fairing pocket
Installation is in the reverse order of removal.

Gold Rush, Thank you for the information regarding the headlight adjustment. I have had the molding off as I installed an audio cable for a MP3 player/phone to plug in and also a 12V cigarette plug inside the left side storage compartment. I will pull it out and check to see if the headlight adjustment switch has been disconnected. I do have a schrader valve. I have just replaced the air bags only to find that the T-fitting and air line is leaking. I'm replacing all the cheap plastic air fittings and line with 1/4 inch air line and brass NPT fittings. I ill report the outcome once the work is completed in the event my experiences might help someone else.
Bill

Bill there is a big gray connector under the left pocket That I'd bet is not connected. Your OEM suspension preload is disconnected during the conversion but the head light adjust and Hazard Warning should still work. Motor Trike had an optional onboard air compressor for the rear air springs. If you still have the OEM preload controls then that option is not installed so you will have a Schrader valve somewhere to service your air springs. (sorry, I wandered)....... :xszpv::xszpv:

You will have to remove the molding on the left side then there is an Allen head screw holding the control panel in place. You might be able to get it out and reconnect the gray connector without removing the pocket. If not here is the procedure from the '06 service manual. Pay attention to the red letters I added.

Good Luck !!

FAIRING MOLDING REMOVAL

Take care not to break the molding tabs.

Release the front tab first by sliding the molding rearward, then release the other tabs and remove the fairing molding. This procedure will most likely cause you to break tabs. Start at the bottom and carefully work you way to the top!!!

Install the fairing molding in the reverse order of removal, being careful not to damage the tabs.

LEFT FAIRING POCKET

Remove the fairing molding
Push the opener button and open the fairing pocket.

Remove the following:
– four trim clips (by pushing the center pin in)
– left fairing pocket
Installation is in the reverse order of removal.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but is there a "manual" adjustment also for aiming the headlights behind the bulbs?

There is on the GL1800 but I don't know about your Valk. Maybe someone with experience or a service manual will help out there.... :xszpv::xszpv:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johear65

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johear65
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png