foot pegs

Hi everybody,
I'm new to this forum and to trikes, bought freewheeler after many two wheels HDs and it was the right decision. I find that it is painful inside my thighs to keep my knees close to the tank on longer rides. Highway pegs should solve this problem, but they will need some kind of engine guards to mount them on. The HD part 49155-09A should fit. Are there any other aftermarket options for the bars that will fit the FLRT? there is a lot of nice bars but they all say that they will not fit. Hoping that collective experience of the forum members will help mi find the bars.

just ordered model 1702 hope that it is the right one.
thanks

Don't know for sure but it looks like the right one. That is the one in the article I saw the pic in. Writer says it is the Magnumbar which is the 1702 on his Freewheeler.

http://trikes.bikernet.com/pages/lindby_lindbars_for_trikes.aspx

I saw your post and did a search for engine guards for Freewheelers and knew my brother likes his Lindby bars on his Harley. I think they look good on the Freewheeler.

Look at these... highway bars and footpegs all in one.

http://www.lindbycustom.com/

Did you install the Lindby yourself or have the dealer do the install? My FLRT currently has NO Engine guard so I know I have to order H-D Part#4924 (2) of those in order to mount the Lindby. I have the bar..took it off my SGS and remounted the stock H-D Guard in preparation of installing it on my Freewheeler. Thanks in advance for any info.

Installing Lindby

Look at these... highway bars and footpegs all in one.

http://www.lindbycustom.com/

It appears that the Lindby guard is mounted behind the frame cross member as it is normally on a Touring frame. I thought H-D welded a nut to the frame in order the secure the steering damper component to the trike. I am probably wrong regarding that. Did you need to get a longer threaded bolt than the one included with the Lindby? I have the same bar as you...I installed it on my 2015 SGS but removed it before selling the SGS and buying my 2019 FLRT. Any advice greatly appreciated.

I bought the Comfort Zone Ride (couldn't link-can find on Google) floor board mounted pegs for mine. Had them about a year or so. Comfortable and don't require the needless engine guard.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gamblin9511

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gamblin9511
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png