Wreck on NY ThruWay (87)

Big Dog

Contributing Member
Jul 13, 2008
Sarasota
This afternoon a north bound bike, with two up, lost control in the wind and grazed the gaurd rail, and went back into the road. A tractor pull a set of 53' double trailers in the next lane swerved right to avoid them and the top right of the rear trailer cought the overpass, tearing the rear frame back on the trailer. In the mean time the bike wound up under the rear tandems of the trailer, a double fatality. I was south bound, saw the flattened bike, and the "remains" being picked up.

Lots of bikes on the road, maybe headed up to Laconia, maybe just traveling both north and south.

This is the third fatality accident that I have been held up in, in the last three weeks, I can only hope that it is not a sign of what the summer is going to become. Let's all be safe out there!!!

Bikes are dangerous, All it takes is a split second and your on the ground... Been there broke that...
Lets be honest if Motorcycles never existed ' And then were ''Just'' invented last week... I have No doubt that the safety goons would have them outlawed by this week... :Shrug:

This afternoon a north bound bike, with two up, lost control in the wind and grazed the gaurd rail, and went back into the road. A tractor pull a set of 53' double trailers in the next lane swerved right to avoid them and the top right of the rear trailer cought the overpass, tearing the rear frame back on the trailer. In the mean time the bike wound up under the rear tandems of the trailer, a double fatality. I was south bound, saw the flattened bike, and the "remains" being picked up.

Lots of bikes on the road, maybe headed up to Laconia, maybe just traveling both north and south.

This is the third fatality accident that I have been held up in, in the last three weeks, I can only hope that it is not a sign of what the summer is going to become. Let's all be safe out there!!!

WOW! Definitely a nasty accident!

- - - Updated - - -

Bikes are dangerous, All it takes is a split second and your on the ground... Been there broke that...
Lets be honest if Motorcycles never existed ' And then were ''Just'' invented last week... I have No doubt that the safety goons would have them outlawed by this week... :Shrug:

+1 on that!

The wind has been pretty bad the last day or so. I don't usually consider the Thruway to be that bad a road, but there are a few gusty locations on it. I really hate hearing of accidents like that.

I was stuck in standstill traffic due to the closing. 2.5 hrs till the dot figured out the excape route. Was about 5 miles from the accident. A real shame for what was a dumb move on someones part. Especialy in that type of wind. I experianced some strong cross winds at 65 mph.

I was stuck in standstill traffic due to the closing. 2.5 hrs till the dot figured out the excape route. Was about 5 miles from the accident. A real shame for what was a dumb move on someones part. Especialy in that type of wind. I experianced some strong cross winds at 65 mph.

I talked with some other guys that were a little behind me. They were held up for about 1.5hrs south bound. I can't imagine the frustration that the north boulders were feeling.:AGGHH:

Every one was pretty cool after all no one had a magic wand. The truckers with scheduals and driving log hrs were a little adjatated

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png