New Trike owner from Central Cali

Jun 11, 2016
Manteca Ca
Bikes 271.JPG

Hi all!

Here to introduce myself, Jim from California, 24 yr paraplegic getting ready to ride again its been a long time coming after wrenching on bikes for the last 13 years, I was able to eventually purchase a trike last year albeit needing some TLC on the engine, it is a 1986 GoldWing Aspencade with the Motor Trike kit, now in the process of setting it up for my needs, I'm looking forward to chatting with others on this site and hopefully start riding very soon. Also just purchased another 86 Wing SE-I with Motor Trike kit now have to decide which one to keep.

Welcome Jim.
I'm a 20 year para. Been riding 3 wheels for 18yrs. now & still going strong.
If you can keep both rides, you'll be ready if/when one of them needs more than an oil change.
Kinda like money in the bank!
Best of luck to you in getting back in the wind.
Post often & post pics if possible ThumbUp

Hello from Illinois, Jim. ThumbUp, and welcome to a fantastic place on the Net that will serve your passion extremely well. Birds of a feather flock together as the old cliche goes. :D

Thanks for the warm welcome from all of you. I'm sure I will be posting questions in the near future, currently I am working on trying to figure out which way to set up the braking on the Wing, since I do not have use of the legs everything has to set up from the bars, already have the Pingel shifter on. I have been thinking about trikes ever since I was injured in 92, and was going to custom build one for myself from a 1984 Yamaha Venture that I have, the Goldwing pretty much fell in my lap last year and I could not pass on it. A friend of mine had mentioned this site before awhile back so I decided to come check it out, I had been lurking for awhile. So much information here. I am looking forward to getting to know as many members as possible. Have a great one.

Back in the wind.

WELCOME! Lot of good info and good people here. Was out of riding for quite a while after a drunk driver caused the amputation of my right leg. Been riding a Harley Freewheeler for about a year. Didn't realize how much I missed riding.
Glad you're back on the road!!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png