'15 Tri Glide parking brake is ugly!

Oct 12, 2015
Albany
Any known aftermarket mods to relocate? Or, if you've removed a older trikes hand brake can I buy it & the cable? The current "foot brake" looks like a piece of road kill stuck to bottom of floor board. I'm still happy being in the wind though. The aftermarket rear lift kit SURE helped steering!...jimmer

Any known aftermarket mods to relocate? Or, if you've removed a older trikes hand brake can I buy it & the cable? The current "foot brake" looks like a piece of road kill stuck to bottom of floor board. I'm still happy being in the wind though. The aftermarket rear lift kit SURE helped steering!...jimmer

True ... you can change out the rubber pad to match your floorboards ... helps some

2015-05-26 14.38.46.jpg

I like the parking brake on my 2016 Tri Glide but sheesh, the cable keeps stretching. After 12K miles and I have had to adjust it x3 to meet specs. I am wondering when the cable is going to finally stop stretching? Like Screwball, I apply the parking brake but also keep it in 1st gear.

Ditto other than having to not adjust the brake. The o/m even states to park the trike with first gear engaged. Otoh, I'd put good money on the fact that few of us have bothered to read it cover to cover.

I like the parking brake on my 2016 Tri Glide but sheesh, the cable keeps stretching. After 12K miles and I have had to adjust it x3 to meet specs. I am wondering when the cable is going to finally stop stretching? Like Screwball, I apply the parking brake but also keep it in 1st gear.

I am not completely sure but I think it is more a factor of the brake pad wear than the cable stretch that leads to the need for readjustment. Case in point; if your parking brake is properly adjusted, and you replace the rear brake pads, the first thing you have to do is screw the adjuster way out to release the tension, then replace the pads, then readjust the parking brake.Atfer 42K miles on my '14 Tri, I just replaced the rear pads for the second time. In both cases, the new pads would not go in without loosening the adjustment.

Walked past an earlier TriGlide yesterday and saw the hand parking brake for the first time. Glad I have the foot brake. It's unobtrusive and a piece of cake to engage and disengage. Works great for me.

A little embarrassed to admit that I never once thought it was possible to swap out the pad on it! Really digging the one HDBOB put on. One more thing to add to my list of upcoming mods!

And like most of you, I always pop it into 1st, too, in addition to setting the parking brake.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png