How hot is hot?

Apples to Oranges, Here... Back in the 80's i had a 16V GTi, And in the summer going through the Lincoln Tunnel at a Crawl. If i scrolled to the oil temp reading' Many times it would read 290/295+... So i stopped scrolling... When gave it to my Son it had 325 thousand miles on it and no engine work done or needed to do.. When my son got rid of it it had another 25 thousand miles... Still no engine work..

Moral... Forgetaboutit...... The oil temp gauge is a distraction...

the oil temp on my Trike hardly ever gets above 180
I am taking the temp at the Oil pressure control valve

oiling_system.jpg

BUT I have a large Oil cooler under my trike and a high volume oil pump

Once on cruse night here I was barley moving for 4 hours and it did get up to 250 or so

Oil Temp

Thanks guys, I'm in good shape then 180 is as hot as it got. That was only when we were running the interstate at 70 MPH mile after mile. Running the back roads its running cooler than that.

Thanks guys, I'm in good shape then 180 is as hot as it got. That was only when we were running the interstate at 70 MPH mile after mile. Running the back roads its running cooler than that.

Oh heck, your in good shape bro!!!!

You shouldn't have any issues with them temps. :clapping:

I did a 350 mile ride Friday on my trike.

Dropped the Ol"lady off at one of her families house (little over 150 miles)
Then road I64 for a while, got onto the Blue Ridge Parkway and flowed it down to Roanoke, then back home

The outside temp was in the 90s most of the time

The engine stayed around 190 or so most of the time
Even when I was doing 80mph or more on 64

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png