New Freewheeler, new to Trike Talk

Hi all,
I got my Freewheeler this March, and LOVE IT! I hadn't ridden two wheels for a few years, so it wasn't a difficult transition for me. The pic is the day I rode it home, helmet hair and all! Really glad I stumbled onto this Trike Talk forum, it's very helpful to read what others are going through.

My steering damper failed and leaked out all the fluid before my 1,000 mile service. Did anyone else have a problem with steering damper? It's covered under warranty, which is great because it's a $600 part! I was still able to ride, although the front end was squirrely.

At the 1,000 mile service, I did part of the Stage 1 upgrade, with new air cleaner, and the download for adjusting the richness of the fuel, to try to help with right leg heat. I didn't change the pipes in an effort to save money, but it sounds so stock right now, that it will probably be the next upgrade. Not sure which brand...

I got a windshield for freeway riding, and it really helps from getting buffeted around (I'm 5'4"). But I love the look of it so much without the shield that I usually ride without it.

Hoping to change the 'trike' stigma, and show the 2-wheel world what a super cool motorcycle the Freewheeler is!!!!! Always glad to get the wave and a nod from the 2 wheelers!

Attachments

• trike.jpg
    trike.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 306
Welcome from Tampa, FL.... I agree the free looks soooo much better without the shield!! IMO get the pipes and get that thing dyno'ed HUGE difference over the download or canned tune, I put Rinehart Slimeline Duels on my free and it woke her up with the download Rinehart put on her, unfortunately my ECM burnt out and I had to get a new ECM I went with HD Dyno tuning her and she is REALLY AWAKE now. I ride with an organization, I am a LARGE man at 400ish lbs and my flrt keeps up with the 2 wheelers on take of and through out the rides just fine.

Also, the FLRT really helps with the trike stigma all the guys in the chapter tell me it is the coolest trike they have seen and if they went trike, it's they way they would go. BTW I am only 38 and other than being a big guy, in good health so "F" the stigma I am the one who pays for it....

2016-07-08_22-48-05.jpg

Thanks

Thanks for all the messages. I appreciate the upgrade info, Hrolfr, although I don't know what ECM is. Doh! I'm learning as I go along! :)

I also haven't figured out how to reply to a specific post, my guess is this will reply to the whole thread...

Safe riding all :)

Thanks for all the messages. I appreciate the upgrade info, Hrolfr, although I don't know what ECM is. Doh! I'm learning as I go along! :)

I also haven't figured out how to reply to a specific post, my guess is this will reply to the whole thread...

Safe riding all :)

ECM = electronic control module. It's the "brains" of your bike that controls the fuel/air mix. Re-calibrating it will make your trike run better and cooler.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png