Inquiry on Replacement Gauge for Freewheeler

Sep 30, 2014
Grafton, OH, USA
Since I have gotten my 2015 FLRT, I have wanted a replacement Gauge for it. I would like a Digital or Multi-Swipe Gauge (Speedo/Tach) that incorporates all the normal indicators + the Freewheeler's "Reverse" and Parking Brake" indicators.

Periodically, I have made inquires with HD and Dakota Digital about such a unit and the request seems to fall on "Death Ears".

I just wish someone out there made such a unit - I don't think I would be the sole buyer for said product.......

Springman

I'm sure you read my post about installing a H-D analog speedometer / tachometer combo, P/N 74776-11B.

http://www.triketalk.com/forum/thre...log-Tachometer?p=345379&viewfull=1#post345379

It's not the best solution, but it's OK until something better comes along (as if anything will eventually come along ~ H-D is driven by $, not user needs or wants.)

I'm old so my eyesight isn't the best. This tachometer is only a 1-5/8" gauge, which is small. I usually ride in the 2,K ~ 4,K RPM range. On this gauge, the pointer sweep is only 5/8". To make it easier to see, I applied a (aircraft) gauge decal (www.aircraftspruce.com/) so I can see the needle at a glance.

Also, due to my advanced age and eyesight, the gear you're in 'information window' is too small, but that's nitpicking :D

DSCN0050.tach.800x600.jpg

I'm sure you read my post about installing a H-D analog speedometer / tachometer combo, P/N 74776-11B.

http://www.triketalk.com/forum/thre...log-Tachometer?p=345379&viewfull=1#post345379

It's not the best solution, but it's OK until something better comes along (as if anything will eventually come along ~ H-D is driven by $, not user needs or wants.)

I'm old so my eyesight isn't the best. This tachometer is only a 1-5/8" gauge, which is small. I usually ride in the 2,K ~ 4,K RPM range. On this gauge, the pointer sweep is only 5/8". To make it easier to see, I applied a (aircraft) gauge decal (www.aircraftspruce.com/) so I can see the needle at a glance.

Also, due to my advanced age and eyesight, the gear you're in 'information window' is too small, but that's nitpicking :D

View attachment 37776

Yes, I have read your posts. I also got back a reply from Dakota Digital basically telling me I could use their existing products and forego indicators for Reverse and the Parking brake. I countered with the suggestion that they offer a small add-on for thos missing indicators.....but, they are not interested. And, sending suggestions like this to HD is like pissing in a deep hole.....you never even hear the "splash"............

I suffer from similar vision issues as you. I think the none existant support is shameful and disappointing.......

Springman

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REDMAN197307

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REDMAN197307
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png