Grand Junction, Co. USA
Okay ...

can't take all the credit.

I got one of these from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Lov...uetooth+dongle

As you can see cost me less than $10.

2016-07-19 08.28.14.jpg

2016-07-19 08.27.57.jpg

Next was to get a 12v charger thingie with 2 usb ports on it that fits into my 12v power port in the left faring pocket.

I plugged the bluetooth dongle into the charger thing, plugged the auxiliary wire into the bluetooth dongle.

Paired my iPhone to the bluetooth dongle, put the bikes radio into aux mode ...

voila ... anything coming from the iPhone goes to the bikes speakers or the headset. As a plus, the charger thing has 2 usb ports, so I can charge my phone at the same time.

Works with everything, music, audiobooks from iTunes, alarms, phone ringer, even audible audio books.

I was worried about volume loss via bluetooth, but the audio books come through as loud with bluetooth as they do via the aux cable.

My iPhone charging cable is long enough to get the phone to my jacket pocket, just need to unplug it before getting off the bike.

For the guys with a 1500 .. this will work too if you use the cassette adapter plugged into the bluetooth dongle ... I tried it on my buddies 1500 that is still in my garage.

Hope someone finds this as helpful as I do. by using my phone, all my devises stay current on the audible audio books as they sync to the farthest place on any device. But, it will work with any bluetooth ready device.

I might get an extension for the aux cable and move the whole mess to the right pocket (yes has a 12v port too), that way I don't have to be concerned about someone stealing the charger and dongle.

If I had a normal size phone (I have an iPhone 6s plus), I would just put the phone plugged into the aux connection and charger into the pocket. Alas, the 6s plus will not fit into the pocket with things plugged into it.

I use my phone more like an iPad than a phone (nobody ever calls me and I don't call them ... :AGGHH:), so, getting a smaller phone is out of the question. Only reason I use a phone is the data connection and it kind fits in my pocket. My iPad doesn't.

All in all ... pretty kewl.

Oh yeah!

Thank you Fuzzy! I'm a gadget guy and this Bluetooth gadget makes my day. I'm getting 2, one for my car and one for my 93 GoldWing. Happy Days!

I understand the second item will give me bluetooth signal, and the first one lets me plug in 2 USB, but how and where to I plug in the cord in the pocket that connects to me Aux switch and speakers?
I'm speaking of the line that I usually use to plug into my XM that I have in the side pocket. It operates off the Aux switch

Last edited:
Upon reflection,,, a bigger question.......If someone, like myself that uses a hand mike instead of helmet headset, how do you respond to callers?:(

Never had or touched an 1800 but if your talking about cord with like a headphone style plug there is a cord that comes with it that plugs right in the end of it.It visable in a few of the pics.As far as working for communication maybe Fuzzy will chime in with more info but I doubt it would do all that.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugger

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugger
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png