Questions about Complete Cycle of Rome Ga and Roadsmith Installation

pwhoever

350+ Posts
Jul 31, 2016
Southeastern Wisconsin
Questions about Complete Cycle of Rome Ga and Roadsmith Installation

I have been going back and forth about adding at least 1 extra wheel to my 2007 GL1800. Due to recent event over the last year, I have been giving serious consideration to this. I have been doing a lot of reading in the outrigger subforum but not sure if this is the direction I want to go. I did actually test drive a Instatriked GL1800 with the 14" radial tires at their facility today. I have also been reading up on the various trike conversions and really like what I have found out about Roadsmith trikes. I have no experience with trikes and know that I really need to test drive one before I can really decide. I have not been able to find one locally that I could test drive even with checking local dealerships, Craigslist, etc... But I did come across a Craigslist ad from Complete cycles that gave an out the door price of $12,500 on a Roadsmith conversion installation and that seems even Cheaper than going up to St Paul, MN to Trike Shop. St Paul would be a 6-1/2 hour drive and Rome, GA would be about 10 hours. The ad stated: THIS PRICE IS FOR A COMPLETE CONVERSION INCLUDING INSTALL, PAINTED, RAKED w/ 6 DEGREE EZ-STEER, FLOORBOARDS, CARPETED TRUNK AND FENDER BRAS. I did read some comments from about 4 years ago that mentioned that they were sometimes a bit sloppy in their work and the wiring. Has anyone had any recent experience with them and has it improved?

Check out Hannigan conversion before making your decision!!!

Based in Murray, Ky.

Illinois dealers:

C & D Motorsports

Trikes Trailers

1301 W. Main St.

Robinson, Illinois 62454

Craig Wiseman

618-544-7433

cdmguzzi@gmail.com

http://www.cdmotorsports.com

Cycle Werks in Barrington - 126 N. Cook Street Barrington, IL 42.155335; -88.135043

Cycle Werks in Barrington

Trikes

126 N. Cook Street

Barrington, IL 60010

Jim Baber

847-381-8050

jim.baber@cyclewerks.com

http://www.cyclewerks.com

D&G Trikes - 200 S. Baer Rd. Tremont, IL 40.523567;-89.471439

D&G Trikes

Trikes Sidecars Trailers

200 S. Baer Rd.

Tremont, IL 61568

Charlie Greene

309-241-3565

cgreene1800@gmail.com

http;//www.dngtrikes.byethost31.com

Mattoon Kawasaki Yamaha, Inc. - 209 South 21st Street Mattoon, IL 39.4816462; -88.38071409999998

Mattoon Kawasaki Yamaha, Inc.

Sidecars

209 South 21st Street

Mattoon, IL 61938

Terry Glaze

Phone 217-258-8616 Fax 217-234-8008

tglaze61938@yahoo.com

http://mattoonkawasakiyamaha.com

I called up Complete Cycle and they confirmed the $12,500 price. The person I spoke to seemed very knowledgeable and answered all my questions. However at the urging of another member here, I was encouraged to reach out to Bazooka as well. I called him up earlier this morning and spoke about what I was looking for. I really enjoyed the conversation and feel that working with him could work out very well. I am looking at getting the conversion done by by the end of August and he is going to look into that possibility. It will be a bit of a journey to get there but will still cost less than going to the Roadsmith shop up in Minnesota. Now just to wait to hear back from Bazooka...

As you may or may not know Bazooka is the owner of this forum and is the most honest guy you can deal with. You will not go wrong even if you have to pay a buck or 2 more.

Check out Niehaus Cycle in Litchfield, IL. They did a fantastic job on my Roadsmith conversion. Bill Burke is the guy to talk to at Niehaus. Not that I'm taking away from Bazooka but just providing another option.

Just an update. Bazooka tried to help me out but unfortunately let me know that he wasn't able to meet the schedule of the end of the month. So it looks like I am going to go with Complete Cycle. I have a deposit in and am scheduled to get the work started next Thursday. I feel that I did my homework on this. I Googled them and the only complaints I was able to find were from several years ago. I checked the Better Business Bureau and even though they are not registered, BBB gave them an A+ rating. I also decided to go with a California Sidecar Viper kit instead of the Roadsmith. When I called them, I was told that they have one employee that only installs the CSC kits and has been doing so for over several years now. I figured the next step was to call CSC direct and ask them about Complete Cycle. Complete Cycle is listed as one of their authorized dealers. I was told by CSC that Complete Cycle was one of their top dealers and always kept several kits on hand to do conversions. I asked about complaints about them and was told there were very few if any recently. I asked how they were able to charge so much less than anyone else. I was told its because they order the kits unpainted and then do their own painting in house and that there is no set price for installing the kits. They can pretty much charge what they want. I asked if there would be anyone closer to me that would be similar in price and they said no. So with all the checking I did, I feel pretty confident in having them do the work. I did call some of the better known places like Niehaus, Honda of Russellville, and Southern Honda. No one was able to even come close to the price I have been given by Complete Cycle. It will end up being a 650 mile several day trip down there but it will end up saving me quite a bit. I will report back once the work is done.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png