Thinking of replacing the fork springs, any advice

I do not have any experience with progressive springs but changed my 01 over to Race Tech springs and installed the gold valve kit. I don't have any negative to say about it other than there instruction sheet sucks. It is a lot better ride than stock.

Why don't you try heavier fork oil. Try 20 wt and see if you like it. If you are doing this yourself doesn't cost much to try before you go the spring route.

I put Progressive Monotubes in My '01, along with the fork rebuilt kit and new seals.

Used 15 weight oil and love the ride.

I am considering changing the front fork spring for a progressive one. Has any one got advice on doing this, good or bad? model of bike 2007 1800 airbag.

Like BAZOOKA said!! I put progressive springs in my '06 Motor Trike Adventure. If I had kept it, going back to OEM and heavier oil was going to happen PDQ. :xszpv::xszpv:

What's you present ride like that is making you think about changing?
When I was shopping for my conversion, a local installer told me he insisted on installing progressive springs to his first 6 customers, (no idea which ones).
Any way, after 4 returned complaining how stiff the front was and asked for their OEM springs to be reinstalled, he quit telling customers they needed different springs.
I stayed with OEM and was very happy.
However, all will wear out over time/mileage. I replaced mine @ 35,000 miles with new OEMs and was once again very happy!

My front ends so stiff Im sure the PO installed progressives.
I cant wait for the seals to leak or some other reason to crack it open and put in OEM springs.
The front ends harshness is my only real complaint with the trike.

My front end is stiff enough with stock springs. I even removed the spacers in the forks because I already broke the rear part of the front fender riding on roads where I live. If you install Progressives, be careful on rough roads or you may well be replacing an expensive front fender.

I don't think your front end is stiff from the stock springs, might want to check your ADV. I had disabled mine years ago because of loosing left fork seals. Stock springs will bottom out giving a more harsh ride on the front end, I would hit a hole and feel it all the way through my shoulders, after changing to the Race Tech springs it handles bumps a lot better, it also helped to level the trike out as it tended to pitch down in the front after the conversion even with the 2" extensions added on, have seen many more with the same issue.

might want to check your ADV. I had disabled mine years ago because of loosing left fork seals.

I did this the other day. Ride was very harsh and I felt every bump. Put a washer in my ADV and the ride got much smoother!!!

When I bought my trike, it had been sitting for 2 years and Im wondering if there isn't a flat spot on the front tire (180 front end).

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png