Need help with identifying my trike!

Jan 19, 2016
Wood River Illinois
My father and uncle built this trike for my mother in the early 70s. The last time it had Been road worthy was 1983. I just finished a rebuild, update and restoration on it. I was trying to identify the company the body came from. My father said he ordered it off of a magazine add. His memory is bad and he didn't remember anything else about it! I have never seen another body like it. The most unique features are the three person bench seat, the shaping and the fuel tank is built into the body. Any help would be appreciated.

image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg

Don't know. But it's a cool ride for the whole fam damily for sure.
Maybe the library would have old bike mags around . Oh forgot about the computer age!

I have been looking at photos of trikes on the net for years and have never seen one like it. I also have searched old magazine adds. Was just hoping someone would recognize it! My kids do love getting rides on it!
Don't know. But it's a cool ride for the whole fam damily for sure.
Maybe the library would have old bike mags around . Oh forgot about the computer age!

If the fuel tank is fiberglass you need to watch it closely.
The alcohol/chemical laced fuel we have these days dissolve/break down the fiberglass resin.
It is a big problem in older boats. You can pick up gas engine yachts dirt cheap now because of the cost of repair of engines and fuel tank replacement.

Yes sir! Already looking to upgrade the fuel tank. Issues have already started. I am cutting it out and building a custom insert tank to fix it!
If the fuel tank is fiberglass you need to watch it closely.
The alcohol/chemical laced fuel we have these days dissolve/break down the fiberglass resin.
It is a big problem in older boats. You can pick up gas engine yachts dirt cheap now because of the cost of repair of engines and fuel tank replacement.

I have been looking pretty hard for awhile now! That's how I found this forum and finally decided to join! I guessing it was a small company in CA that didn't make it to long.
I don't recall ever seeing a body like that one either man!

Hmm, not sure who would have manufactured that body.

It is an awesome looking trike though! :clapping:

Thank you! I like the serpentine Pullies a lot. Looks great and seems to be quieter. Just make sure you use lock tight on the adjuster!
Well then it looks like it belongs on the trike! :p

Looks natural on there for sure man!

I also notice that you installed the serpentine belt to your engine. It looks awesome! Been thinking of doing that myself.
How do you like it?

Last edited:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jersey Mike

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jersey Mike
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png