Throttle rockers/Palm levers

Big_Steve

Tour Captain - Contributing Member
May 23, 2010
Southwest Florida
Anyone use those paddles that snap on to the throttle, so you can maintain your speed by resting your palm on the paddle?

For every few good reviews, you see one where someone complained it caused them to accelerate sharply and unexpectedly when they accidentally bumped it whilst making a U-turn or something.

G'Day Steve, yes I've used one for the past year or so and found it useful, the only problem I found is if you leave it on permanently it tends to stretch and slip when pressure is applied, so I take it off and only use it for long trips.
As far as knocking it and getting a burst of revs, it has never happened to me. Hope this helps, Cheers Lurch.

Yes same reply ! Just the opposite of what you heard . I have had the speed abruptly slow down because of it slipping . it is a helpful $10.00 item . I don't know where min is or I would send it to u . now that I have cruise I don't use it

I use the Kuryakyn Iso grips with their "Throttle Boss". It does the same thing as the throttle rocker, but is a permanently mounted "paddle". If you already have the grips, the throttle boss is only $18 or so. I have crappy circulation, so I've had real problems with my right hand getting numb. This has helped a LOT! I've used it on my last 2 bikes/trike. Works GOOD. I've never had a problem with it. I've seen some people that run them on both sides. They say it helps the strain on the wrist on the left side as well as on the right side.

I've been thinking about adding a second paddle on the left to see how it works, but haven't yet.<br />
<br />
NM

A little different angle for why I don't use one.

I wear a loose fitting med bracelet, it catches on all styles of the throttle paddle. When it catches there will be an unexpected increase or decrease in RPM's or the paddle will limit my hand movement to the front brake. When going low speeds or parking is when it tends to be the worst.

The same issue will happen when wearing jackets or rain gear on the longer paddle style. Loose fitting watches and so on will catch as well... I tossed all of ours.

A little different angle for why I don't use one.

I wear a loose fitting med bracelet, it catches on all styles of the throttle paddle. When it catches there will be an unexpected increase or decrease in RPM's or the paddle will limit my hand movement to the front brake. When going low speeds or parking is when it tends to be the worst.

The same issue will happen when wearing jackets or rain gear on the longer paddle style. Loose fitting watches and so on will catch as well... I tossed all of ours.

Yep Jackets and Some Glove Cuffs have a Tendency to grab em'......"Ya'll don't have a Drive-thru at this Store...You do now"....LOL:D......kiddin' aside, when my Wife was havin' Carpul Tunnel issues, and ridin' Her Ruckus Scooter (...pegged throttle all the time and hard on wrists), I took one of the Short/Wide Versions and trimmed the outside part of the paddle off off....worked pretty well, and never snagged anything.....:):cool:

There was alredy one on the trike when I got it, and I left it on. It does help at times, and even then I can get a painful arthritic pain. When I do, I take it off, throw it in the trunk, and the cramp goes away. If I need the paddle I just snap it on the throttle and off we go. Mine slipped a bit,so I put a piece of double sided sticky tape on it to grip better. I have grips with a foam covering and the foam collapses after a while, that's why it slipped. jimsjinx

I have used one on my last three Wings and have not had any problems.
It allows me to relax my grip on throttle and let fingers rest a bit.
My present trike has cruise so i dont use the paddle quit as much.

I have the Kury with their Throttle Boss and have had for five years.

On occasion the open end of my sleeve with catch but it doesn't cause the throttle to change.

I like it.

For $10, if you don't like it, sell it for $5, skip lunch at McDonalds for the day and you break even. If you like it, it's well worth the $10. I just bought one for my father-in-law, and he loves it as much as I do.

I like mine. Have had it for 3 years. It does not slip on my grips and along with my Cruise Control it really helps on the long trips. Mine is the one that uses a velcro strap to hold it on.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png