ended up in the ditch this morning

- - - Updated - - -

Where did you live in Kentucky? I'm in Ashland, which is located where Ky, Ohio, and West Virginia all meet.

My last duty station was FT Knox.

Stayed in Kentucky after I got out and lived in Radcliff. If I remember correctly that is about 45 miles from Roanoke

Worked as a bouncer, Sheet metal worker (kind of), Prison guard, mechanic and IT support.

Been through Ashland a number of times but I don't think I have ever stopped there

My last duty station was FT Knox.
Stayed in Kentucky after I got out and lived in Radcliff. If I remember correctly that is about 45 miles from Roanoke
Worked as a bouncer, Sheet metal worker (kind of), Prison guard, mechanic and IT support.

Been through Ashland a number of times but I don't think I have ever stopped there
If I'm guessing right, I'd say you worked as a prison guard at LaGrange. I did some training there years back when I was a deputy jailer (Kentucky is the only state in the union that has elected jailers).

I now work as a CO at the federal prison in Ashland. Darn good job. Best I've ever had in my 49 years.

Deer Screamer

My wife and I just finished 6,000 miles from Florida to Canada to Mass to Florida on back roads of America with the Deer Screamer installed. We saw several deer pick their heads up and run for the woods ahead of us. Maybe because the Deer Screamer is new to the market with a different pitch (you can hear it at certain times and speeds) that it scared them off. The company is keeping records from several state police organizations that are using the device. I truly believe it does help. Nothing will help with those dumb ones bolting across from one patch of woods to the other though. Glad everything went your way.

I have to avoid deer all the time on my way to work at 4:30 am. I've hit 2 with my car and had 1 jump directly over me on the trike. Scary situation looking up and seeing the deers belly. Hope you didn't hurt your trike. Good Luck:AGGHH:

Ouch. I'll bet working with the women was interesting. One female inmate is worse than a hundred males.

When I transferred to KCIW I though it was going to be great.
I was young, in shape and to be honest I got along with women real well.

I shortly found out that it was a nightmare. I had to leave there.

My original plan was to go into law enforcement but after working on the prison systems I deiced to go back to being a mechanic

Deer walked out right in front of me.

.......I am always dodging deer around here. They are everywhere.

Those deer can cause a lot of damage and on a trike, it could be deadly. On my little 3 mile stretch of highway, there are at least 1 or 2 a day that get hit. Everyone in my family has had a deer encounter. The hits are so common that the buzzards just sit and wait for the next one. (see photo) Those critters just perch themselves up on the tower and they don't have to go far for their next meal. That's why I don't drive that highway at night on the bike or trike.

Buzzards.jpg

I'm glad you're ok. Stay alert and be safe.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png