Looking for a route to Bar Harbor, Maine

Jun 19, 2009
Darlington
Hi....I am headed to Maine, want to take Route 1 into Bar Harbor/Acadia next month....I will be leaving from Maryland, heading north via 95 and into Jersey and onto the NJ Turnpike...the next portion from Jersey turnpike and into the NY portion is confusing....anyone have a favorite route they take....unfortunately I will be driving my car and not my trike for this trip...thanks!

Turnpike to the NJ parkway to the 87, or you can by pass the city and take the 287 to the 87 then north to the 90, or take the 84 through Conn. If it were me I would stay out of NJ and take the 81 through PA to ny and take the 88 over to the 90, much more scenic and fewer nut jobs on the road. And no NJ/NY city traffic. Best time to drive through NJ is after 10pm.

After I take 81 thru Pa then 88 over to 90.....Where do I go after I get on 90....what would get me to Coastal Rt 1..thanks for your patience...trying to map it out

I-90 will take you from Boston to Seattle by way of Chicago. I-90 in NY and Massachoochoo is a toll road.

Last edited:
After I take 81 thru Pa then 88 over to 90.....Where do I go after I get on 90....what would get me to Coastal Rt 1..thanks for your patience...trying to map it out

90 to the 495 just east of Worcester MA. 495 to the 95 just south of the Maine border. The 95 and us1 parallel each other through southern main you can jump over to us1 from any exit off the 95. The 1 does go through the city of Portland. If you don't want to ride through Portland stay on the 95 until you get north of Portland. Get off at exit 52 and take the Falmouth spur to the 1. From there its mostly coastal road and small towns. If you take this route you will miss some nice towns south of Portland, like Kennebunkport. So if you don't mind driving through Portland jump over to the 1 as soon as you get into Main. Are you going on a whale watch cruise while in Barr Harbor? You might try the lobster boat ride also. Don't forget to drive up Cadillac Mountain. Great views from there. If you want great seafood try the smaller mom and pop restaurants. Some of the places down town are over priced and very touristy.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png