CCS trike(Yamaha Stratoliner) - squeak from left rear wheel

Just bought a used CSC trike(2008 Yamaha Stratoliner S conversion) in Wisconsin and trailered it home to Massachustts....had it about 1 month and put 1200 miles on it...Had 7200 mi on it when purchased...

Out riding yesterday and I'm getting a squeaking noise from the left rear wheel..gets faster as speed increases.. seems to get a little louder when I disengage the clutch and a little softer when I let it out... Making hard turns (right or left) doesn't seem to affect it.. so I don't think its a wheel bearing(?)... Its a belt drive so I kind of thinking that maybe that might be where its coming from.. or thought maybe the brake on that side but when I applied the rear brakes... no change in sound...Bike has Independent rear suspension.. anyone have any ideas or experience this..

Also having a hard time finding someone to service the trike... my old mechanic can't handle such a big bike..his lifts are not big enough to service trikes..anyone from S.E. Mass that can recommend a good and reasonably price mechanic in that area that services trikes?

Might be one of the joints on the shafts driving the wheels. Spray some silicone on the joints and see if the noise goes away. If so that is the issue. The spray will temporally lube the joint for a short period. Just a thought.

I'm way late in this one too I know (bored today so lurking in the forums reading posts). But it's almost look at the outer wheel bearing as being the possible issue.

I know bearings are not a common failure point on any vehicle, but they're still made by someone and there are bad ones that make them into the stores. In another life, had a brand new bearing I'd ordered for a car I used to have that had a "catch" in it that you could feel when turning it with mild pressure.

Like I said, not common, but does happen.

It could be the belt. Check the tension and alignment and adjust if needed. Could be a wheel bearing. I had one go bad and it cost me an axle assembly and tire. Is your boot cracked? If so you may have grit in there with the grease. Trike techs are generally brand specific. Go to the CSC website and look up dealers close to you. Best I've found to do on my MotorTrike.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png