Freewheeler Brake Pads

Sunman

900+ Posts
Gold Member
Apr 6, 2011
Bellville, Texas, USA
I still have more miles to go on the front and rear pads but want to go ahead and buy some now to have on hand. Who has replaced the pads on their Freewheeler and what pads did you use for front and rear? Also, how many miles on your Freewheeler before you had to replace the pads?
Thanks,

Sunman

I still have more miles to go on the front and rear pads but want to go ahead and buy some now to have on hand. Who has replaced the pads on their Freewheeler and what pads did you use for front and rear? Also, how many miles on your Freewheeler before you had to replace the pads?
Thanks,

Sunman

With my Tri-Glide i been use EBC pads Semi stinted..
They seem to stop better than the stock Harley pads...
As far as how many miles it depends on how/were you ride...
Mostly hi way thell last for ever, Short local rides stop and go trips thell ware out faster...:Shrug:

Getting ready for a short trip. Checked all pads yesterday and they still have plenty of thickness left at 15,000 miles. Also all pads seem to be wearing equally. Looks like I have quite a few miles left before I need to change them. Most of my miles are road miles. Very little city driving.

Sunman

Different Pad Question

Does anybody else's pads stick when parked wet? If I ride in rain then garage my trike the pads stick so that I have a time moving it the next AM. Ditto the 2015 and earlier TG. No big deal, just a minor PIA.

Does anybody else's pads stick when parked wet? If I ride in rain then garage my trike the pads stick so that I have a time moving it the next AM. Ditto the 2015 and earlier TG. No big deal, just a minor PIA.

Yup, the moisture gets between the rear pads and discs, never going to change just rock it til they release and stop riding in the rain LOL:Coffee: mine have stopped doing it since I put the wheel discs on

This
is my 14 I put them on my 17 M8 before I traded you can find them here http://www.rjsoriginals.com/ I am a rep and if u mention my name u get a discount even on sales I get NO commission my trike is a test platform for New products

Yup, the moisture gets between the rear pads and discs, never going to change just rock it til they release and stop riding in the rain LOL:Coffee: mine have stopped doing it since I put the wheel discs on

This
is my 14 I put them on my 17 M8 before I traded you can find them here http://www.rjsoriginals.com/ I am a rep and if u mention my name u get a discount even on sales I get NO commission my trike is a test platform for New products
The rjs site has some nice heat deflectors - wish I'd seen them b4 I bought the factory ones - but didn't see anything about 'wheel disks'. What are they?

I am the SE rep for RJS if you want his products mention my name ad get the discount, he is a great guy, my trike is the Prototype for his new products

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CedarRonin

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CedarRonin
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png