Reverse trike

redneckray

Tour Captain
Jan 27, 2010
I wanted to share with you all on here, i have this trike[reverse] that i have been wanting to build for myself and the wife for a very long time, don't have much time to work on it or do anything to it,
but anyhow, i get to play with it, when i have some time off and lately, don't have much time for that,grinn
anyhow i wanted to share some pics of what i have started to build,
it is using a 1966 vw bug link front end that has been lowered 6 inches fron stock height,
like them low in the weeds as to speak,grinn,
the donor is a 1979 susuki 850 cycle[the motor has been punched out to 1100 cu in.[needs to be cleaned up a bit, cycle has been sitting in storage for 5 years now,
alot of customers ask, how will it shift and ride,
well the shifter will be an electric shifter[adapter] the pedals will be of a off road vw system, the clutch will be of a hyd system and the brake pedal will work the rear and the front disc brakes thru a poportional vavle off a 1989 honda gold wing, and the gas pedal will be a hyd, pedal assy off a porsch car[1995 model]
the steering is stock now andd will be replaced with a rack and pinion off a aftermarket off road vw[3/4 turn lock to lock] far as a body, well we will see, the seat will be up in the air for now, and of course a 5 point safety harness,
maybe i will have it done for the rally #4, if it is not sold , then we all can take it for a spin, and yes nana, you will be able to reach the pedals,grinn
ray

Last edited:
No Nana what he meant was he was going to have some 2x4's cut to duck tape to the bottom of ur shoes :D so U could reach the peddles....:p
He was just being nice :eek:
As Redneckray usually is......

Actually, i was going to have some 2 x 4's there to strap to her backside to reach themm,lol

I will post more pics later, got a couple trikes to build 1st, then back to this one,
don't know how i will cover it, just don't know yet?

Will someone please tell me how to access the pictures Ray has in his posting? I only see a rectangle box saying attached thumbnails but nothing else, and I wanna be able to see his picts. What am I doing wrong or need to do?

Walt,
send me your email addy and i will send you all the pics you want, send it to me in an pm
ray

Ray, Jamar makes a nice offroad dual master cylinder brake pedal setup with an adjustable balance bar for biasing front and back without a porp. valve. We use these in our offroad cars ... would make a sweet setup in that kind of build !

Yeah I like the reverse trike. That's what got me interested in trikes. Those ones with the 2 wheels on the front. That's what I'm looking for.

Alex,
glad you like it, i think it will be fun to drive, and real easy to build too, i like building things the easy way, but in the same manner as it has to be safe too,
ray

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png