How to clean a Stallion?

Jun 10, 2010
Fort Myers, FL
What is the best and safest way to clean the exterior and windshield of the TBMS Stallion? Do you need a special wax or will any car wax work ok?

you got directions when you got your Stallion, if you don't have one yet you will get directions when you buy a new one, if you buy a used one another story.

you get a spray on polish/cleaner from the maker of the windshield when you get a new Stallion, use it or, use Plexus(get on-line or at a motorcycle shop) or use Honda polish/cleaner at Honda motorcycle shop. least expensive is more than likely the Plexus if you buy the large can, 13oz.
keep a wet soft towel in a zip log bag and use it to wipe off the dirt/bugs.
then spray on the polish/cleaner.
then use a VERY soft towel to wipe down the windshield.
I would be very careful with the windshield unless you like to spend lots of money for a new one. also it is plastic so you can NOT use glass cleaner.

for the body use what ever you want to use.

Another source for the "Plexus" is a fix base operator at an airport. They use it to clean windshield on airplanes.

Don't forget to only clean the front windshild as instructed when you purchase the Stallion. Only with a soft or microfiber cloth and in one direction with S-100. I have seen a dealer who just used circular motions and screwed up every stallion with swirls in the glass. I would not let him near mine with a cleaning cloth! The swrils come out in the bright sunlight and the dark!

thanks to everyone for your response. As mentioned by Mattel, I did not want to harm the paint or windshield. Appreciate everyone, this is a great forum.
:)

I will be different here:

Go to Walmart in the Auto section, and buy ICE by Turtle wax. It is a snythetic wax, just spray it on, wipe it around a little, then wipe it off with a clean cloth. No fuss, and it does a much better job than the spray can stuff they send with the Stallion and WAY cheaper. You can use it on the plexi glass as well.

It makes the Stallion super slick, and very little sticks to it. good stuff

I caught a stallion dealer using it to remove finger prints at a show and have never looked back.

Use a microfiber cloth, and if you drop it on the ground, DO NOT USE IT:D

I'm concerned about how to clean the inside of the windshield. How do you get clear into the area where the windshield meets the dash? It is very tight in there and I've got a collection of dust and bugs there, that is impossible to reach in and get out. Any hints would be appreciated.

Also any hints on keeping the black interior wiped properly. It seems to snag regular cloth fabric and you get little white fragments left on the finish.
Thanks for any ideas
Gene

Stockman on the black plastic interior I use vinyl/conditioner from turtle wax, (the stuff they use on car dashes and vinyl seats etc. I then use a very fine woven towel that doesn't shed. The dash gap is an issue for me also.

I'm concerned about how to clean the inside of the windshield. How do you get clear into the area where the windshield meets the dash? It is very tight in there and I've got a collection of dust and bugs there, that is impossible to reach in and get out. Any hints would be appreciated.

Also any hints on keeping the black interior wiped properly. It seems to snag regular cloth fabric and you get little white fragments left on the finish.
Thanks for any ideas
Gene

Forget about the area between the windshild and the dash. It is not worth the effort! I have seen somepeople put a black plastic detal in that area that makes it look like part of the trike, and it hides the dirt behind. I have even seen a dealer put them on some of the bikes they sell.

As for the dash, I use a micro fiber towel, as it does not piece off too bad. I don't use anything that would make it shiny as that will increase reflection in the underside of the glass windshield. I use a spary on car detailer from mcguires with a micro fiber cloth for all the plastic and it works great.

My stallion doesn't have a windshield and she likes to be brushed! Couldn't resist!!!!!!!
Over the years my choice for everything top to bottom has been Honda spray cleaner/polish. Honda started using a different supplier and the same product is now marketed as Original Cleaner/Polish. I use Windex on the chrome.
Micro fiber towels only to wipe with.
California Duster in between washings.

Thanks for the response on the interior cleaning of the windshield. I like the black plastic detail idea. I'm also tempted to find a very narrow air nozzle type of thing to see if air will clear out some of the debris.
Thanks again
Stockman701

When I have the air compressor out to top off the tires, I use it to blow out the debris that collects between the windshield and dash. Otherwise I refer to the dustbunny manual. See primary home maker for details.

When I have the air compressor out to top off the tires, I use it to blow out the debris that collects between the windshield and dash. Otherwise I refer to the dustbunny manual. See primary home maker for details.

That is a great idea!!! I have not even thought of that!!!!

Thanks, Lunchbox for the Ice by Turtle Wax tip. took it on our trip and it worked great. Still struggling with some leftover rain spots at the lower windshield. I like the black decal idea also!

Stallion Girl

Tfwdawg...where in the world do you live that your stallion is female...lol every one that i ever met had the "male" equipment...lol
i couldn't resist either (",)
but i get it...my stallion will definitely be a female as well...

I've got a question on the windshield, how well does it get rid of rain drops and would something like RainX be a possibility to improve visibility if caught out in the rain?

Dennis

193 dtg Dubai
194 dtg Home (Stallion ordering time)

I've got a question on the windshield, how well does it get rid of rain drops and would something like RainX be a possibility to improve visibility if caught out in the rain?

Dennis

193 dtg Dubai
194 dtg Home (Stallion ordering time:))

The windshield does a great job of deflecting rain. my wife has riden in down pours with very little visibilty issues.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png