What Made You Join TrikeTalk Forum?

We bought a Yellow 2010 GW1800 Motor Trike, joined TrikeTalk.com...went to the Maggie Valley Rally about 3 weeks later...sat at a Picnic Table talking to Randy/Zook...left Maggie Valley as a Moderator...spent several REALLY FOND/HAPPY YEARS thereafter moderating, and setting up and leading many many TRIKE TALK Rides around the Tennessee, North Carolina, Arkansas, and Alabama Areas, usually with Lucky as my Sweeper...Some of Mine and Mitzie's (Wife) fondest memories were spent with the Members over here...Made many, many Life-long Friends here...We have since gone to riding non-motorized Recumbent Trikes and Bicycles...Staying healthy and still having fun pedaling around...now, that being said, WE STILL MISS YA'LL...!!!!!!!!!...:):):)View attachment 95684

I once look at getting one of those Recumbent Trikes , And when i asked the guy at the store ''Where does the engine go.....He just pointed to my legs...:Shrug:...

Coming at ya from south La. No snow here y'all....:good:I have been looking at a 2017 FLRT w 4K for the wife to purchase. Bike is in decent condition except for grease is covering the lower rear end carrier. After looking further I discovered grease piled up between the rear wheel drive pulley and left rear carrier clamp! I have never seen this before. Seller brought the bike to the local H-D dealer today and after inspection they could not fully explain it either. They said it may have been over-filled from the H-D plant. Called H-D they declined to comment on the issue and stated take it to another dealer for a second opinion. I did confirm there is a grease cap H-D installed and I have heard grease is pumped in at the factory during assembly. H-D would not confirm this either. It has been there and also dripped down over time due to left exhaust heat to the bottom of the carrier. The coat of road grime over all of it tells me this has been this way for quite awhile. I have two club riders with FLRT's and there are no signs of any grease, etc. on their bike rear carriers, etc. There are no signs of grease debris anywhere else on the entire under side. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Barry...............Welcome To Trike-Talk.......:wave4:....

I traded in my 2016 Street Glide Special for a 2018 Freewheeler. I feel safer and more comfortable now. I love riding my Freewheeler now it's time to learn from other people that share the same passion for riding Trikes. Looking forward to learning and making new friends. Ride Safe!

Carlos...Welcome to Trike Talk...👍👍

Newbie…researching

I have wanted a bike for a long time but never made the jump. Getting older with kids leaving school and home, and coming into a small settlement, it’s time. But now older, DW, aka My Queen, will only allow a trike. I landed here from both Google and from other trike owners for information. Feel like this is a major purchase (it is) and I want to be somewhat knowledgeable in choosing my first bike/trike ever.

What I have come to learn is this: RIDE IT. If you like it, buy it. If you are uncomfortable, PASS. Too many choices, options, kits, tire pressures, preferences, and other variances to say what is “best.” Truly appreciate this forum and one other for a wealth of Wing and trike info. Hopefully, if the ride goes well this weekend, I’ll post pics of my baby next week.

in the meantime, keep the rubber on the road.

Inherited a Trike

My brother passed in late 2020 and he left me a Harley w/ 3k on the odometer and a nice '08 GW trike.

My brother and i took the last ride he was able to do on those 2 bikes and I will forever have that memory with him.

I was looking for service, tips and general knowledge of the trike, and thus im here.

My first car was a '79 MGB and being a part of an MGB club was a god send. Good salt of the earth folks will always want to share, fellowship and embrace others who will pass along things that were freely shared with them. I hope to be one.

Been riding 2 wheels for years. Recently destroyed one knee and hurt the other. The choice was for me either 3 wheel or quit riding. I joined to learn more. I have had my Road King triked. So far hate almost everyting about it (turning, banked roads mostly). My wife wants me to keep riding with her, so I am practicing. Is there ever a time I will get used to it? Enjoyed what you have to say on this forum. She rides a trike and always has. She is a great wife and I want to keep riding with her, but can not envision a day when I will be comfortable with this.

Buzz Brown

Been riding 2 wheels for years. Recently destroyed one knee and hurt the other. The choice was for me either 3 wheel or quit riding. I joined to learn more. I have had my Road King triked. So far hate almost everyting about it (turning, banked roads mostly). My wife wants me to keep riding with her, so I am practicing. Is there ever a time I will get used to it? Enjoyed what you have to say on this forum. She rides a trike and always has. She is a great wife and I want to keep riding with her, but can not envision a day when I will be comfortable with this.

Buzz Brown

Welcome to TT from Ohio,, You may get more help in the "NEW MEMBERS" forum. I went to a TriGlide in 16. Didn't take long after a few upgrades. We put 38K on that trike in 3 summers. Bought a new 20 last Mar. Have done the same upgrades to it. We love it & will soon depart on a 5600 mile ride. Then back home for about 3-4 weeks & do another long ride. was on 2 since 13yrs old. Now 76 & wanted to keep riding. You will get used to it, some just take longer than other. I was good at 100 miles, some at a few thousand. Hang in there. Ride safe.

Buzz Brown

Welcome to Trike-Talk..........Buzz...........:clapping:....

Once you change your mindset about not riding trikes...You will think differently about it......

Welcome to TT from Ohio,, You may get more help in the "NEW MEMBERS" forum. I went to a TriGlide in 16. Didn't take long after a few upgrades. We put 38K on that trike in 3 summers. Bought a new 20 last Mar. Have done the same upgrades to it. We love it & will soon depart on a 5600 mile ride. Then back home for about 3-4 weeks & do another long ride. was on 2 since 13yrs old. Now 76 & wanted to keep riding. You will get used to it, some just take longer than other. I was good at 100 miles, some at a few thousand. Hang in there. Ride safe.

Thank you

Thanks Rhino 2 I hope encourgement might help.

Believe me....The first time some knuckle head makes a left turn dead in front of you and you haven't any avenue of escape ...And you hit the brakes hard and miss the knuckle head without all the trauma that gos with being on a two wheeler and maybe locking the rear wheel and then low sliding into him you'll get it...

Confused Trike Buyer!

I have a HD 91 Custom Hard Tail and want a Trike. It is almost impossible to find any good information about the various Conversion Models... I am hoping this is the place!

Attachments

• 91HDHardTailCustomSm.jpg
    91HDHardTailCustomSm.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png