Replacement Headlight Bulb

Sunman

900+ Posts
Apr 6, 2011
Bellville, Texas, USA
The high beam on my 2015 FLRT has gone out, low beam still works. The original bulb is a H4U 60/55 watt. I have a new H4 100/55 watt bulb on hand. Has anyone replaced the original 60/55w bulb with a 100/55 w bulb? Is the 100 watt high beam too much for the charging system or wiring? Seems to me it should be OK but would like to have some input from others. Thanks,

Sunman

I would worry more about the heat in the fixture from the 100 watts. I am forever removing the 100 watt bulbs in our police car spotlights because it is melting the housing. I replace with a 55 and all is well.

My experience with those bulbs is pretty much the same as Ted's. I've used them in the past on a few of my bikes and they produce so much heat,it tends to melt the mirrored surfaces of the headlight and also the plug-in connector.

After a "Close Encounter of the Whitetail Buck Kind" last night. I'm going to try out that DK LED bulb replacement. I never saw the dude until he got in the roadway... and had he slowed down, one or both of us would have lost some meat. :AGGHH:

Be careful now those deer are real stupid

You know it's Ruttin season the boy's are real stupid pre-occupied with other more important things on their minds. :gah:please be very alert at all times more especially now. I really avoid riding after dark now. :Shrug:ride safely fearless

After a "Close Encounter of the Whitetail Buck Kind" last night. I'm going to try out that DK LED bulb replacement. I never saw the dude until he got in the roadway... and had he slowed down, one or both of us would have lost some meat. :AGGHH:

Brighter head lights are great.... Provided when you drive at night at the same speeds as you would with the standard lights.. You can see further down the road with brighter lights' So most people tend to drive faster down the road, So the closing times to the target will be faster and harder...:Shrug:

Brighter head lights are great.... Provided when you drive at night at the same speeds as you would with the standard lights.. You can see further down the road with brighter lights' So most people tend to drive faster down the road, So the closing times to the target will be faster and harder...:Shrug:

I'm just trying to avoid the target...😆

Yep, we have all kinds of critters in our parts...and the big ones (deer) are starting to move.

The LED Bulb is great for Seeing & Being Seen.

Equally important, if not more so for the critters, are the Stealth LED Driving Lights.

I need to get a good pic of them from the riders perspective at night. They spread the light VERY Wide, but it is down low, so it does not bother oncoming traffic...but it really lights up both sides of the road.

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png