Test Ride on 2017

Nov 4, 2015
palm bay
We took a short test ride on a new FLRT with the M8 motor.

First impression is that it'll run out from under you but that is mostly due to (too?) quick throttle response. Rolling on once moving is faster but not much. Can't expect miracles from a 10% boost. It felt like it rode a bit softer and steered a tad easier but that could be just handlebar position and tires. New motor is definitely smoother and tranny clunks less thanks to clutch releasing better. Very nice trike but not sure it's $10,000 better than my 2015. Maybe later .....

We took a short test ride on a new FLRT with the M8 motor.

First impression is that it'll run out from under you but that is mostly due to (too?) quick throttle response. Rolling on once moving is faster but not much. Can't expect miracles from a 10% boost. It felt like it rode a bit softer and steered a tad easier but that could be just handlebar position and tires. New motor is definitely smoother and tranny clunks less thanks to clutch releasing better. Very nice trike but not sure it's $10,000 better than my 2015. Maybe later .....

If the bug should bite you ask for Tony (Sales Manager) Space Coast. Tell him I recommend that you speak to him. He might make you a deal you can not refuse. Just maybe.

test ride on 2017

If the bug should bite you ask for Tony (Sales Manager) Space Coast. Tell him I recommend that you speak to him. He might make you a deal you can not refuse. Just maybe.

Thanks. We talked to Tony after Pat showed us the trike. We're still thinking about it.

I traded my 16 Tri Glide for a !7 Tri Glide and couldn't be happier.

Congratulations. I did the paperwork to swap my 2015 Freewheeler for a 17 today but by the time the shop got all my accessories switched over a huge thunder/boomer came up so I decided to leave the trike there and get child bride to carry me home in a cage. So, for now, I could be happier ...;)

Congratulations. I did the paperwork to swap my 2015 Freewheeler for a 17 today but by the time the shop got all my accessories switched over a huge thunder/boomer came up so I decided to leave the trike there and get child bride to carry me home in a cage. So, for now, I could be happier ...;)

Congrats on the FREE swap! Man... I wish people would stop talking about trading up to the 17' M8's :gah or I'm going to crack and do the same :D Just have to ask...did they hook y'a up? Has to be something too good to pass up right??:Shrug:

I hope Tony took good care of you. Ride safe and enjoy

Congratulations.

I did the paperwork to swap my 2015 Freewheeler for a 17 today but by the time the shop got all my accessories switched over a huge thunder/boomer came up so I decided to leave the trike there and get child bride to carry me home in a cage. So, for now, I could be happier ...;)

And now I am happier! We picked the 17 up this morning. We had family commitments so we only got to ride a tad over 100 miles, and that the first 100 where they say not to exceed 70 mph, et cetera. SWMBO says that the back seat ride is much better than the 15. I noted less difference because there is still a lot of road shock coming thru the forks/bars. The tranny shifts smoother - much less 'clunk' and neutral is much easier to find but that could be just differences in bikes vs in model year.

The big difference is the new motor. It is so much smoother that I had to make sure I was in the right gear several times and the whole bike no longer jumps when I blip it in neutral. OTOH it really jumps out if I blip it while cruising along.

One must be judicious to corner smoothly - to apply the right amount of power in a curve.

This makes it much better in traffic - adding 10 or 20 or more mph is now more than easy.

SWMBO liked it so much that she's out in the garage waxing it right now and she has her own bikes to tend.

What's not to like about that?

The only negative I found was the steering effort seems higher. Much of that is me - I'm wimpy having been ate up with cancer, radiation and chemo. I'll adjust the bars a tad and see if that fixes it.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats, The M8 is a great machine, I have knocked out my baffles and rerouted my head breathers to the atmosphere, it does shit and get. The crappy stock seat exited right away, I put my Roadking seat back on before I traded
Good Luck and keep her under 3500 RPM for a bit break her in and ride man ride
The motor, primary and tranny are ALL new for 17, the reast stayed the same as near as I can tell

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png