Heated gear

heated clothing

DONT get battery. the batteries run down very fast and then you will be cold. Plug ins will keep you warm all the time. Be sure to get the built-in thermostat that has three settings my jacket liner is made by Venture. It is the best jacket liner I have ever owned as it has pads in it not just wires so you get an even heat without burning wire lines in your skin

I have both... Short rides [local] i use the battery jacket Got it from Cabelas ....Long rides i use the plug-in especially when the temps are under 20F...Tourmaster, I have that one over 16 years.. It has wires in it and it heats the whole jacket ' Sleeves/arms' back 'front and neck... And it doesn't have hot spots or burns... A few winters ago i had to do a quick 180mile ride and the temps starting out was 6F... And coming back 18F.. Warm as toast...But as word of caution at those low temps... Carry extra clothes in case of an electrical failure...

DONT get battery. the batteries run down very fast and then you will be cold. Plug ins will keep you warm all the time. Be sure to get the built-in thermostat that has three settings my jacket liner is made by Venture. It is the best jacket liner I have ever owned as it has pads in it not just wires so you get an even heat without burning wire lines in your skin

Is there an accessory outlet on the Freewheeler?

accesory wire

there should be two. one under the seat and one under the clutch side cover

Best of both worlds. Wife and I bough 12v battery powered jackets from our Harley dealer. These were not Harley branded, but had a "VOLT" logo. I rarely use the 'high' setting, too hot and besides this is So. Cal. Anyway, we had to make an adapter for the power cord BUT when riding she plugs into the Harley for power. When we stop she can hook up the battery and still stay warm. I think the jackets were around $200 (give or take)

Good Luck

I went with 12v heated gear. I also installed three 12v receptacles on the FLRT myself - 1 in the trunk and 1 on each side of the trike in those plastic engine air deflectors (makes for a simple install and you barely notice them - they are convenient for plug-in too). The one in the trunk is live all the time, while the other two are only on when the trike is running. This lets me lock up an iPhone or camera or mp3 player and let it charge while I am out and about.

I have heated hand grips (my hands cramp in the cold and this helps tremendously). I am also thinking about adding heat to my Mustang seat (wish that had been an option when I bought it).

But, ultimately, what I would really like is to heat the rider rest. I have kidney diases (my kidneys are basically gone) and getting heat to my lower back area seems to make a lot of different in my comfort while riding in the cold. I have heated seats in my car and that sure helps when I first climb in and sit in winter.

Springman

I went with 12v heated gear. I also installed three 12v receptacles on the FLRT myself - 1 in the trunk and 1 on each side of the trike in those plastic engine air deflectors (makes for a simple install and you barely notice them - they are convenient for plug-in too). The one in the trunk is live all the time, while the other two are only on when the trike is running. This lets me lock up an iPhone or camera or mp3 player and let it charge while I am out and about.

I have heated hand grips (my hands cramp in the cold and this helps tremendously). I am also thinking about adding heat to my Mustang seat (wish that had been an option when I bought it).

But, ultimately, what I would really like is to heat the rider rest. I have kidney diases (my kidneys are basically gone) and getting heat to my lower back area seems to make a lot of different in my comfort while riding in the cold. I have heated seats in my car and that sure helps when I first climb in and sit in winter.

Springman

That's sounds like good ideas. Is it possible for you to posts some pics?

absolutely gerbing. i have the gloves and jacket liner. now that i have the freewheeler with the battery tender pig tail, i need to get the cable that links my thermostat with my pigtail. no worries like $12 on amazon. but thats not helping me today!

Heated Gear

What they all said. I've used heated liners, vests and grips for over 30 years. No matter how warm you dress the cold creeps in until you're cold all over. A heated vest is like the warm sun shining on you - but do get a controller of some sort or you'll overheat. I've ridden comfortable in teen temps. Grips are very nice because they are always with you. Amazing how good they feel when a warm day turns into a cold evening. Go for it!

heated gear

Springman
Just a friendly warning. I also hooked up a system to charge my phone in the trunk of my freewheeler. It was about 80 degrees F outside. I plugged my phone in, closed and locked the trunk. about an hour later I found my phone partially melted from heating up in the closed trunk with no circulation of air

Just a friendly warning. I also hooked up a system to charge my phone in the trunk of my freewheeler. It was about 80 degrees F outside. I plugged my phone in, closed and locked the trunk. about an hour later I found my phone partially melted from heating up in the closed trunk with no circulation of air

I am glad you posted this, never entered my mind. I just ordered a USB charger outlet. It is hot here in the desert so I will have to pay attention. Jim

My iPhone didn't melt, but it gave me the 'hot' warning after I had left it in the trunk of my TG for little over an hour one time. I now either put it in my window pouch, or on the ball mount on my handlebars, depends on what kind of hurry I'm in, and how far I'm traveling.

My iPhone didn't melt, but it gave me the 'hot' warning after I had left it in the trunk of my TG for little over an hour one time. I now either put it in my window pouch, or on the ball mount on my handlebars, depends on what kind of hurry I'm in, and how far I'm traveling.

Same-Same if i leave my iPhone charging in my truck in the summer, That will sometimes happen rechargeable power tool batteries...

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png