Question about rubber mats on Viper floorboards.

pwhoever

350+ Posts
Jul 31, 2016
Southeastern Wisconsin
I had 1 rubber mat come loose and reattached it with 3m Super 77 adhesive and that seemed to work quite well. My question about the mats is if I am doing maintenance and have to remove the floorboards, what is the best way to remove the rubber mats and then reattach them? Under the rubber mats are 2 very large flat head screws that are then bolted to metal frame. If they start to spin, a large flathead screwdriver is needed to keep that from happening.

The problem is that after removing the rubber mats, there is quite a bit of adhesive residue and in order to properly reattach the mats. The old adhesive should probably be removed before using new adhesive to reattach the mats. The floorboards will probably not have to come off too often for maintenance but it would be a pain in the arse to have to do this each time. Would it be best to cut small holes in the mats at the location of these screw heads?

Have you contacted cSc and ask them. When did you get the conversion kit. Its still probably under warranty. I would talk to them first. just my 2 cents :cool: If you can jack it up to get underneath it , you may not have to remove the floor boards.

It was done at the end of Jul, this year. The reason I posted here first is that this is their board and it seems like they have been monitoring it. I'm not so concerned about the one mat coming loose. I'm more concerned about what to do when I am doing maintenance and have to remove the floorboards. For instance, to remove the lower cowl, there are 2 lower bolts that are blocked by the front of the floorboards.

The nuts and washers securing the floorboards are accessible from underneath but the screw heads are hidden by the mat and would like to best know how to go about this in the future.

It was done at the end of Jul, this year. The reason I posted here first is that this is their board and it seems like they have been monitoring it. I'm not so concerned about the one mat coming loose. I'm more concerned about what to do when I am doing maintenance and have to remove the floorboards. For instance, to remove the lower cowl, there are 2 lower bolts that are blocked by the front of the floorboards.

The nuts and washers securing the floorboards are accessible from underneath but the screw heads are hidden by the mat and would like to best know how to go about this in the future.

Sounds like a good idea... I just had mine done in August this year. I believe you will get the 5 year warranty also ThumbUp

Re: Rubber Mats on CSC Viper Ground Effects

Sorry for the delay in responding here guys! For any maintenance questions please contact our Service Dept. directly by calling 1-800-824-1523 Dial ext#7
You can speak to a tech directly about any issues and order any parts or accessories directly! Hope this helps ya out! Thanks.

I already reattached them using the 3M Super 77 adhesive. Before I did it, I used the 3M adhesive remover to fully remove all the residue. It actually worked out quite well. So far, the mats have not come loose.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png