Fyi: The importance of proper tire pressure-technical article

Interesting info Dockem.ThumbUp
Tire mfg'ers. are playing CYA in recommending 26PSI as a minimum, seemingly across the board, for the rear.
Been running 22 in the rear of mine for the past 2 years. I'm going to drop to 20 for kicks & giggles.
Thanks for bringing this back to the forefront!...

Last edited:
I was told 20 to 25 for rear pressure on my Champion and have kept them at around 22psi for the past 35,000 miles and the tires are wearing evenly and very little that I can see.

rear tire air pressure

Thx, good info. When I had my GW recall done, the dealership offered to wash the trike & check the tire pressure. I told them no thanks, I take good care of both of those. In fact I checked the tire pressures & all was ok, 41 Fr & 24 Rr. After the recall was completed, 1st few miles seemed the trike was riding a little rougher than normal. I have been keeping 24 in the rear tires. Yep, I checked after I got home, 29 in both rears. Never hurts to check!

I am fairly new to trikes but noticed on my CSC, when I ran the recommended tire pressure of 28psi, It was just too rough. I did drop it down to 24 which gave me a nicer ride. Especially on these bumpy, straight Illinois roads. I think I will drop it down just a bit more. But I have a question, I take road trips several times a year and end up in places that have a lot of twisting. On these trips, I am usually dragging my Aspen camper along with and occasionally the wife. When I was running 2 wheels, I would usually bump up the pressure a bit to get better handling on the twisty roads. Would there be any benefit to do this on my trike or would I still leave the pressure down in the lower 20's?

Funny, we talk about lowering the pressure 1 psi or raising it a couple psi but how accurate are the gauges? I put my rear tires at 22 psi on my gauge but that may be 20 or 24 psi on your gauge.

Funny, we talk about lowering the pressure 1 psi or raising it a couple psi but how accurate are the gauges? I put my rear tires at 22 psi on my gauge but that may be 20 or 24 psi on your gauge.

That's why some have theirs at 22 or 23 and some 20 21 all depends how it handles and rides after you set it. Kind of a feel by your pants kind of thing..that's your gauge..:clapping:

:Agree:.. I had 3 different gages and each one gave a different reading.

So i tossed the high and low.. And just use the middle one. And adjust the PSI to my liking. Sought of like Kentucky Windage...Works for me... :Shrug:.. I was on a Spyder forum years ago [I was asked to leave] And the Nimrods over there were going on about putting/recommending 19 PSI in the left front tire and 18 1/2 PSI in the right front tire.. When i mentioned how do you know your gages are calibrated to each other .. Well lets just say that didn't go over too well ..:gah:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fredmarkley5050#gmail.com

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fredmarkley5050#gmail.com
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png